Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Great Trip on Sedona's Broken Arrow Trail

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by along4, Apr 13, 2003.

1. along4

along4 Registered Member

Great Trip on Sedona\'s Broken Arrow Trail

I just had a great drive on the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona, AZ. I don't know how many people (J**p and yota owners) that say that it is too tight for a full size rig, but mine fit fine. The only damage was a little cut in my side wall because I was not careful about going OVER a rock that was protruding into the trail. I think that the tourists that abound with the j**p tours were even stopping to take pics of my rig. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif One of the tour guides smugly stopped to ask me how much damage I did to my truck, and acted surprised that I made it through alright. This trail is a bit tame and well groomed for the tourists for my taste, but it is nice to get back into the rocks of Sedona. I would not, however, recommend this trail for a Suburban sized vehicle. There are a couple of places that something longer than a Blazer may have trouble getting between the trees. C'mon, lets show those j**pers what is up and get out there! http://www.andylong.org

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Re: Great Trip on Sedona\'s Broken Arrow Trail

nice pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. along4

along4 Registered Member

Directions to Broken Arrow

I forgot to give directions in my original post, so here they are.

From Sedona go south on 179 (Burger King)
    Go about 1 mile and on the left there will be a sign saying Broken Arrow Estates. Take that turn and go straight. Thats it.

If you are coming up I17 take the Sedona exit (that should rte 179) Make the right into Broken Arrow Estates. If you hit 89 and the Burger King you have gone too far.