Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greatings and salutations

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by Gorillajeep, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Gorillajeep

Gorillajeep 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hello everybody,
    I did an intro. on the main site just figured I would pop in here too. My name is James, I currently live in Myrtle Beach, SC. I have beed an avid off roader for years. My primary off road vechicals have been Jeeps, but I have been seriously looking at upgrading to a full size rig. At 16 My first truck was an 81 Chevy one ton, 60/FF14 4.56 locked rear, 454 built to the hilt,t400,205, one 33's. My Mom called it every southern boys dearm truck, Big and loud. It was a great truck, but I would hate to have to put fuel in it now a days. My dailey driver is currently an '01 Duramax 2500HD, again a great truck. But, really dosen't have quite the personality the ol'one ton had. Long story short I have a big soft spot for the BIG boxy chevys. I am currenty looking at selling off the Jeep stuff and getting back into an ol'boxy Blazer. I want the room! This is a great site and I have seen lots of great ideas! I will get some pic's up as soon as I get something nailed down.
    James

2. extremetahoe

extremetahoe 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome aboard. Just can't beat a chevy. The only way that you can honestly own a jeep and be happy in my opinion is if the only thing on it that is JEEP in the body and MAYBE the frame. Other than that you need a chevy. Any way. once again welcome. The guys on here are great. They'll tap in eventually and send a message or two. Good to see you are coming back to the Bowtie though. The names Stephen.

3. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

COOL Welcome :D

4. Gorillajeep

You guys have some great looking K-5's on here! One of the Blazers I am looking at is in the kind of shape it sould never go out on the trails, but chances are it will hit some blues and greens.:wink1: It's a 75 hugger orange and white. About 80% of the way through a frame off restroation, the project has stalled and the owner has lost intrest. The Blazer has been sitting in it's current post bodyshop condition for about three years. It came out of NM and is almost perfect, not a drop of rust:eek1: I love everything about this beast, except for the Oxblood interior :confused:, came stock in that color skeam according to the owner, got love the 70's. . . lol I think I will have to get two after looking at this one one to wheel and play with and one to drive and show off in. He has done some small stuff to it. 4in Rancho, 35's on Stockton 15x10, It's a SB400/T350 stock axles. It has every option I have ever seen on one and some I did not even know they came with from the factory back then. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I am hopping! :woot:

5. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome aboard. You have the right idea with having two. I almost wish I had a beater also. I would love some pics of this orange & white with red interior. I'm just a big fan of orange.:laugh:

6. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome, its good to see another SC'r show up. Considering how few places there are to wheel in the lowcountry. Smart move on going back to GM products.

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Howdy!

Welcome home! :wink1:

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Hey, I'm from Ocean Isle Beach.

9. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome neighbor :D

10. nutsthename

nutsthename 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Welcome to the neighborhood.:D

11. Gorillajeep

Wow

Wow look at all the Sc people running full size stuff. This is making me feel better and better about my desision to switch back to a GM product. I never fully left the bowtie all together thought, I kept putting SBC in the Jeeps. One actually have a 400hp 383. Boy what that a hand full!! I will get some pic's as soon as I get one nailed down. I found another one with a 300 horse crate motor in it, 6 in lift and 37's, again need that interior put together. It's an 85 so not the full top off. This will take some geeting used to. . . Compared to the Jeeps it looks like an Aircraft carrier deck out frt. . . lol GOd I hope this thing fits down most trails. . . lol I love how Dontoe did his frt bumper, Mind if I copy? Anything you would do different?
    James

12. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

13. Gorillajeep

That would be a sweet little rig with a little work. I want to get the orange one nailed down first before I get the play toy. I will keep you posted.
    James

14. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Howdy, sounds like you made the right choice to come back to gm:D

15. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the site! Lots of us southern boys round!

16. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sorry it took so long for me to get around to welcome you but welcome. I tend to hang out in here more than any other place on the board.

James

17. Gorillajeep

Here is the one I have been looking at :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments and thoughts are very much appricated! No the hood is not shut all the way and the owner says he has all of the parts to finish. Yeah they are the old style BFG's but that can be fixed.
    James

18. dontoe

I want it............:wink1:

I've got a '73 I want to restore! Wish it was in that good of shape!!! :rolleyes:

19. Gorillajeep

It's been sitting in the body shop uncovered for about three years. That is dust all over it, blows right off. I hope I can get something together by the weekend.
    Now do you see why I will need two?
    James

20. dontoe

That's my plan. I have the '75 for tearing up and the '73 to be a purdy truck! :laugh: