Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greedy people

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by JDBlazer454, Jul 7, 2003.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Yesterday I attempted to go to a mud bog that I saw a flyer about. We found it (in fact was just a half mile from my grandmothers house and property) and pulled in. The little girl (about 13 maybe 14) at the gate said $10 a person and how many people are in your truck. I said your kidding $50 for the whole truck but 3 of them are my kids 12 and under she said didn't matter but it will be fun and worth it. I hung my head out the window so I could see the field and couldn't hear anything and I turned and looked at her and said it isn't that much fun I can't hear a darn thing. Told my husband to turn the truck around and lets go. *rant* I am shocked at how much they wanted to get in. I have paid $20 for the truck and a pitcrew person but those were very big events and not some back field nothing going on type thing. $10 a person is outrageous, I could have seen and been willing to pay $10 a truck. I am furious at some peoples greediness. Its one event I will tell people never to go to because of how much they wanted to get in. Because we may spend thousands on our rigs doesn't mean we are willing to pay outrageous entry fees. *rant over*

2. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

Was this the one in Mill City?If it was they told you a wrong price.It was $5 a person and kids under 12 where free.The girls running the entrance where dumb and didnt listen.They had been told 100's of time about the prices.If this wasnt the event then ignore my post. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    If it was,I'll tell the guy who ran it what happened.Sorry.

3. JDBlazer454

Nope wasn't the Mill City one it was the one between Battleground and La Center, Wa. Sorry guess I should have clarified that since there were so many events happenning that weekend.

4. XBeastX

XBeastX Registered Member

I was at the mud bog up in Vancouver. I agree $10 a person is too expensive for one day, but since the entrance fee included all four days's it wasn't too bad for me since I was there three of the four. They should have charged three bucks for a single day maybe.

I had a good time. Got to meet some new people and play in the mud.

5. JDBlazer454

I could even have handled $10 a truck for the day but I didn't show up until 1 pm on Sunday hoping to get a little mudding time in and was very dissappointed. I didn't try the other days because I got the joy of working and trying to get my transfer case to work properly. I know a few of the people that went (old 4 wheeling friends) and they are a good bunch /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif