Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Green onion smell from exhaust?!?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Jun 6, 2004.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Hey all, this is a weird one. Ive noticed this over the last 2 weeks or so, if i get on the gas and then stop at a redlight or pull in driveway and get out w/ it runnin, ill smell green onions from the exhaust. Any ideas as to what it is? I know clogged cats smell like rotten eggs, or so ive always heard. Green onions another one? I thought maybe it was the gas i been using. I usually use shell, but for 2 weeks i used citgo (cheaper) then last week it was 76 and no change. Should I run through some lucas fuel system cleaner and see if any change? Or any other possibilities? Also, when the smell comes it almost burns your eyes like onions do......

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Add a little Garlic and CHicken and you are makin me hungry /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

haha, very funny lol.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Could be some of that gas they have been adding in hot dogs and hamburgers to substitut and help maintain the prices.

Try running some cleaner through it and see if that helps. Anything other than that I have never heard of it but wil ask around and see what I come up with.