Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greet 'n Eat 11-March IHOP, Salisbury, N.C.

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by dontoe, Feb 18, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

How about the IHOP, exit 76, I-85, Salisbury, N.C. 9:00AM, Saturday 11-March, then hit the Devils PlayGround with some Heavy Metal??? :saweet:

[​IMG]

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wish I could make it but my buddy is getting married in Gaffney that day. Maybe I'll be able to make it to one in the future.--Eric

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I may be able to make it out that day. Not sure yet though. I only had about 10 minutes to test the front locker today and it seems to be working good, I just want some more time to make sure before I take it out wheeling.
    -Harrison

4. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Me and Wife may go but not bringing GMC.

Update.... Wife and me are going and bring GMC
    Thanks John for finding spare tires.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  5. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I think I'll be going:D

6. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i might try to drive up from jacksonville if i got the gas money.

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don, I go on Spring Break from ASU the 10th. Coming that way on 321, which would be the best route? Also, is there somewhere I could crash Friday night so I wouldn't have to make the drive Sat. morning? PM me some details or something bud. I've got to take this truck wheeling!

8. dontoe

321S to I-40 Hickory...............I-40 East, 46 miles to exit 169-Mocksville, Hwy 64 east, 36 miles to Kennedy Farm road, south 1/2 mile to Old 64, right 1/2 mile to Ross Wood Rd, left 1/2 mile to DPG on right. They are camping Friday night (everyone welcome), cooking the pig and maybe a little beer. I have a house full, otherwise you'd be welcome to stay here. Anyone can though, in an emergency, including you of course! I'd camp Friday night, but my wife and a friend, minus his wife are riding with me. If you wanna hit the IHOP, you'll cross I-85 while going east on Hwy 64. Just head south on I-85 to the exit 76, Salisbury. Just a 1/4 mile east of I-85 off Hwy 52!
    My phone is 828-320-0567..............

9. dontoe

They are camping Friday night..........everyone welcome!!! :D

10. BigOrange90Jimmy

I was going to ask you if it'd be possible to steal a couch, as I don't have my camping gear here at school with me, unless you have some gear you'd be willing to let me borrow. Hell, I'll sleep out in the yard if it comes down to it. HAHA! I'll give you a call later on in the week, possibly the first of next week to get some more details. I've got to see how my cash is going to hold out. I have no idea how this truck is going to do on gas because I've never driven it on an extended trip. It was towed 4.5 hours up here from home. :haha:

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

As of now, it looks like me and my brother will be attending in my truck. Got a call this morning from ashlin (bigorange90jimmy) asking if I was going and I wasnt sure. I got in contact with my manager at work and got saturday off so I can go. My brother and I may be camping with you ashlin if thats what you are doing. My brother is gonna try to fix my leaky rear driveshaft next week since I am 2 hours away from my truck. Other than greasing everything up, the blazer should be ready. I guess this will be a good first real test for the front locker.:crazy:
    -Harrison

12. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I'm looking forward to meeting y'all:D

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Dont be surprised.....im probably one of the youngest thats gonna have a truck there.
    BTW- DONTOE- What are the trails like?
    -Harrison

14. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn, everyone's going. Let me get off of my ass and find some gas money.:doah:

15. dontoe

There's a difficult trail up a creek with large boulders, a couple of easy trails........none more than a 1/4 mile I suppose. The biggest fun/challenge are the rock outcroppings. A few small ledges and some man-made boulder piles. Not much for stock trucks but an easy trail, but the show put on is great and definitely worth going. Modified trucks will have some challenges!

"Update"
    "DPG ride #8 will be a benefit ride for Jeremy Hughlin a fellow wheeler. Jeremy was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in mid 05,and he has undergone major neck surgery and radiation treatment.Jeremy was also married a couple of months ago needless to say with all the medical bills we want to help as much as possible.
    The ride will be mar 11, starting around AM until (there will be camping Fri night weather permitting).There will be a $10 charge per vehicle, with admission you will receive 1 raffle ticket, additional raffle tickets will be sold for $5 throughout the day.We also will be having a 50/50 drawing for $1 per ticket.Last but not least there will be Food!We will be preparing BBQ plate lunches with a drink for $5 per person.Also if anyone wants to donate anything to the raffle, please pm brownhornet (Geoff) or Madmonk (Scott), anything will be appreciated.
    Please keep in mind that this is a benefit ride all proceeds will go to Jeremy and his wife. Let's have a great turnout and show support for a great cause!!!"

Last time they took up donations for the landowner. That helps pay for the gravel driveway to the pasture parking and he hires a track-hoe to move boulders around.

There is a huge amount of door prizes already. "here are some of the donations we have for the raffle so far:
    mat (gasman) from Tillman welding supply : 3 tool bags, 12 prs gloves, torch, regulator and hose
    www.jtillman.com
    tellico4x4 2 $50 gift certificates
    www.tellico4x4.com
    greg smith (smithit) 1 set rockwell centers for hummer wheels
    paul seeman is sending some stuff not sure what yet
    www.sceaminseeman.com
    mike (greenlandmonster) tv lantern radio combo
    mike (mcjeeps) from Albemarle screen printing and embroidery will be doing the t shirts
    andy at carolina rock shop is sending something not sure what yet
    www.carolinarockshop.com
    rob (rockcity) is sending something not sure what yet
    www.rockcity.com
    chase (perry) 1990 toyota 4runner
    austin (asartin) is bringing the pig and the cooker
    patrick has been in contact with a bunch of people, still waiting to hear back from some of them. More to come I'm sure, I'll edit this when we get some more confirmations.
    a big THANK YOU to all that are helping out, without you guys this would not be possible.

Plus a whole lot more...........European Accents....$100 Rubicon Express gift certificate, "Greg Slade with Monro brake and muffler has donated 10 $25 service certificates,several flomaster mufflers and a couple of barely used swampers he thinks they are 32 or 33 for a 17 inch rim", "CRS is in for 1 certificate for PSC Steering Ram of winner's choice- single or double-ended. Only limitation is that it is limited to the basic setups, no competition chrome rams.....
    We will also throw in 4 $25 gift certificates, You can count us in too."

"I will donate 2 adult tickets for a Hot Air balloon ride with Mt Pisgah Balloons here in Asheville.

These are a $350 value, so don't give me any grief since they are not buggy parts...

Glad to be of help.

Jody Treadway
    WNC Custom Jeeps" "I'm in for some stuff.

Prob a few diff rings, a couple Rock City polo shirts, various tabs and brackets and such, as well as some leaf spring perches. Maybe more, just gotta see what my inventory looks like closer to the ride [​IMG]

Rob"

And a lot more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything raffled off............you get a ticket on entry.

I'll help ya out on the $10.00 entry fee, if ya are short of cash, all I can anyway! Donald Smith, aka dontoe.

clarkjw24..........Lookin' fer ya dude!!!!!!!

16. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah John, we need to see your chevy salvage yard in a box that you always bring along.
    -Harrison

17. BigOrange90Jimmy

Hell yeah man, you can camp with me. We'll break in our trucks together! Hopefully not physically though. I'll leave here Friday after my class, and set up camp down there, reserving a spot for your truck as well. I'll give you a call later on this week when I've got some more info. I'm looking forward to it. The video camera is charged and has a fresh tape in it, so I'll be getting some good footage.

18. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Saaaweeettt
    -Harrison

19. dontoe

Weather forecast..............
    Extended Forecast for ZIP Code 27203

Monday [​IMG]
    57 ° | 37 °

Tuesday [​IMG]
    51 ° | 33 °

Wednesday [​IMG]
    55 ° | 40 °

Thursday [​IMG]
    66 ° | 51 °

Friday [​IMG]
    72 ° | 51 °

Saturday [​IMG]
    75 ° | 52 °

Sunday [​IMG]
    75 ° | NA

20. dontoe

Latest news from the MudDevils site (Hosts of the DPG)
    "rock mafia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:58 pm Post subject: Low down on DPG Mar 11[​IMG]