Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greg72 - Door Speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 1986Blazer, Mar 28, 2002.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey Greg....what is up? I have my sub box done....well...about 91%. I still need to either paint it, gel coat it, or cover it in Herculiner to match the Rhino lining already in the interior. I will solve that soon. Oh yea, I also just bought a new (used) boat - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/Boat.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/Boat.html</a>. I have ALOT of fiberglass repair to do here. I found some water damage in the transom and other areas - it should be great fun!

This post was to ask you a question - I am a little strapped for funds after the boat buy and the potential future cost of repairs so my door speaker selection has gone down a notch or two. I am now looking at Kenwood KFC-XR50p 5 1/4" Componet speakers (I was going to go with 6 1/2"). Should these give enough sound for the front passengers? I am getting these for a GREAT price and do not want to pass them up if they are powerful enough. Any input from you or other is welcome!

Thanks

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Chris,

Congrats on that boat! I was admiring it on your other post a few minutes ago. I'll bet that my hardtop still needs more fiberglass work than your boat does though..... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

With the 8" subs, I would think a 5-1/4" coax would be fine.....you're not going to overpower the fronts with those subs, so I think that would be a good compromise. I never listened to that particular model of speaker.....but the "audition" should be your job anyway!

You know......most boats I know of use a 12V electrical system just like K5's......that means that all the same stereo expertise you are getting can be applied to the boat too!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You know......most boats I know of use a 12V electrical system just like K5's......that means that all the same stereo expertise you are getting can be applied to the boat too!!!

<hr></blockquote>

LOL.. yea it is but keeping things water proof and from getting damp makes it a little harder... lmao

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey prembird, it doesn't make it any harder, it makes it more expensive. LOL. It is true what they say about boats "just a big hole you sink money into"

5. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Thats funny you point this out because my boat has a better sound system then my truck!!.

Mike

6. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

I got bored with my boat and this is what happened to it <a target="_blank" href=http://207.212.78.115\k5krawlers\boat_system.htm>207.212.78.115\k5krawlers\boat_system.htm</a>
    Those are 2 crunch 15" subs on the side of the engine housing, two fozgate 8"subs Infinity seperates, two bazooka bass tubes under the driver and passanger dash area, 2 kenwood 1000w amps 1 4ch 600w, kenwood head unit, jensen disc changer. o yea yellow top optima battery. It lasted for about two years, but got thrashed over the winter time, plus it got in the way when we go fishin. What a waste but it was fun.