Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GREG72 hows your system held up? weather? topoff?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by LKJR, Aug 18, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

hey guy just wanted to touch base and see how things have been on your stereo. You still driving that thing or is it parked doing all the upgrades? Has it been subjected to weather at all?

hope everything is going well for ya

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Les,

I have been going through some MAJOR repairs on the K5 over the last 2 months.....new engine, new d60 front, lots of other new parts at the same time.

Haven't had much time to play with the stereo since July 4th weekend (the last time it actually was driveable), but I leave for Moab, UT in about 2 days, so I'll have LOTS of time to enjoy the stereo again!!!!

The CD player is starting to get finicky about ejecting CDs, but other than that it is still great!!! Most of the equipment is protected from the weather...and of course the weather is pretty nice here all the time anyway....so not much of an issue. I've got some new tweeters installed INSIDE the floor (in custom metal pods!) which is a little different from the last batch of pics I posted. I'll need to talk to Steve about getting some more photo space on the Member Gallery (since I'm already maxed out!) and then I can post some updated shots for you!!!!

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif