Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Greg72 's Road trip report as of 9/25/04

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4X4HIGH, Sep 26, 2004.

1. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Greg72 \'s Road trip report as of 9/25/04

Well as you all know, Greg is moving to New Hampshire. Greg and Jennifer left on their journey saturday morning the 25th of September 2004 around 9:00am and by the end of their travel day stopped at a hotel outside Bakersfield for the evening.

I just spoke to Greg 5 minutes ago and he informed me that they got back on the road around 8:30am this morning and are now 30 minutes outside of Barstow, Ca. and heading for Needles, Ca. for tonights stay. They are heading down hiway 40 for most of their trip so if anyone is near hiway 40 and wishes to meet up with them at their stop points for the evening i will be posting up their whereabouts as i get it from him. Greg is only concerned about making a progress of about 300 miles a day since they are driving a 1964 chevy C60 box truck which is loaded to a weight of 19,500 lbs. The truck has a 396 chevy with a clark 5 speed manual trans and a 2 speed rear axle but even with the axle in high gear and the tranny in 5th the engine is still seeing 3200 RPM's at 55 MPH. Greg and i have taken precautionary measures to all the safety items such as all new tires and a complete tune-up along with a new carb and distributor and even having the radiator repaired as needed so that he can make this trip uneventful unlike the last trip a couple months ago in his suburban.

I will keep everyone posted about his location and hopefully someone along his route is willing to meet him again like they did earlier this year. Greg siad he would enjoy a visit from you CK5 brothers and i am sure that would break the monotony of his trip.

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Re: Greg72 \'s Road trip report as of 9/25/04

what's his route gonna be

3. 4X4HIGH

He pretty much told me he will stay on hiway 40 as long as he can, i think 40 will take him near the east coast somewhere then he will grab another hiway heading up to New Hampshire.

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

US 40 rolls through Columbus, OH
    If he needs a place to crash and some good home cooking let him know, he can stop here at my place.

5. 4X4HIGH

Michael, if your serious i will ask him if he will be close for a stop there for the night. He does have his wife and dog with him though. Let me know, i am sure they would appreciate the offer.

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yeah it's no prob.
    I have a small fenced in back yard so even the dog can get out and take a break.

As long as I know what day to expect him I'm good.

7. 4X4HIGH

i will ask him tonight when he calls me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Greg and i have taken precautionary measures to all the safety items such as all new tires and a complete tune-up along with a new carb and distributor and even having the radiator repaired as needed so that he can make this trip uneventful unlike the last trip a couple months ago in his suburban.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, but did you remember to put a brand new water pump in? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 4X4HIGH

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Greg and i have taken precautionary measures to all the safety items such as all new tires and a complete tune-up along with a new carb and distributor and even having the radiator repaired as needed so that he can make this trip uneventful unlike the last trip a couple months ago in his suburban.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, but did you remember to put a brand new water pump in? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i forgot to mention that, but yes we did intall a NEW water pump as well.

I also talked to Greg tonight about 5:30pm and he settled into a hotel in Holbrook Arizona for the night and will continue his journey tomorrow at 0600 hours for another 300 miles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i forgot to mention that, but yes we did intall a NEW water pump as well.

I also talked to Greg tonight about 5:30pm and he settled into a hotel in Holbrook Arizona for the night and will continue his journey tomorrow at 0600 hours for another 300 miles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Holbrook is a fawking cesspool of evil and skanky, trashy women. How do I know? I was married to one..........

11. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Nevermind I just realized is he taking US-40 not I-40 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Hey if he coming through on I-40 he will be passing through Oklahoma City if wants to meet up for lunch or a quick meet and greet, I could probably round up some of the OKC locals.

Krennen

12. 4X4HIGH

Greg is taking I-40 and will be going through Oklahoma. Not sure what day he will be there but you can figure that out pretty easily since he is only logging 300 miles a day. I will let him know tomorrow that people are willing to meet up with him there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif keep me informed

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Greg is taking I-40 and will be going through Oklahoma. Not sure what day he will be there but you can figure that out pretty easily since he is only logging 300 miles a day. I will let him know tomorrow that people are willing to meet up with him there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm guessing he'll be in lovely Santa Rosa, NM tomorrow night, or the even better oasis of eastern NM, Tucumcari............... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, nice avitar there skratch. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

So scott, you guys replaced the carburator also? That took care of the vaccuum line to the top speed governor in the old distributor.. remember when you guys were plugging the vacuum leak the engine would die..? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

16. 4X4HIGH

Yep, got a new carb as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just spoke to Greg and they are in Santa Rosa New Mexico for tonight. They will be traveling to Elk City Oklahoma tomorrow Wednesday the 29th followed by Fort Smith Arkansas on Thursday the 30th.

Hey Okiemuddog, i am going to PM you Gregs cell phone number so you can call him and arrange to meet him. He should be arriving in Oklahoma City around noon on thursday and he said he would like to have lunch with you and any other locals you gather up. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Krennen, give me a yell on my cell. I should be around the house all day thursday. Elk City is at mile marker 40 so that's about a 100 miles from my house (on I40).

4x4High,
    Let Greg know that fuel is about 15cents cheaper a gallon here in OKC if he can make it that far before fueling up from Elk City.

18. 4X4HIGH

I will let Greg know, are you planning on meeting up with him also for a visit? What is the price for gas there, can't be any worse than he paid in Needles, Ca. at $3.40 a gallon. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Greg seems to have taken a wrong turn.... [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I will let Greg know, are you planning on meeting up with him also for a visit? What is the price for gas there, can't be any worse than he paid in Needles, Ca. at $3.40 a gallon. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Paid $1.72 this morning. Yeah I'll try to catch up with him. I'm sure Okiemuddog will give me a call tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif