Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grey dey todey/divorce info

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big_truxx, Apr 29, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Yes I am well aware of mispelling things in the title. But at least all 3 words match! :haha: Today starts off semi sunny till I go to pull the cab off the 84 along with the engine, trans and xfer... then it starts raining... :( So there I am w/ a tractor that coincidently has a hydraulic leak and is slow on the up movement, trying to get a cab off in the rain. Get all that done get the engine trans and transfer case off, get the engine seperated and the trans/xfer put away and shut the tractor off and go inside. I'll be damned if I was inside more than 10 minutes when the rain stopped! Then since I had little energy I just sat on the couch with my cat. Then the sun came out. I don't really have anything of any importance to do at this point. :confused: so now I sit around trying to find something meaningful to do. but cannot stop thinking about how I have no way to contact wife to get a divorce, the fact that I just parted a crew cab dually, sold my gooseneck, am selling my off road truck, will be working 65ish hrs a week starting next week and need to start on my driveway/house asap... :( :thinking: at least I know why sometimes I have no attention span... I always seem to have too much going on at once :haha: :dunno: time to sit around and think more. Maybe something useful will come of it. :haha: One always can hope. :waytogo:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Why did you sell all that stuff for? Money?
    Good luck on getting the papers from the ex wife! :crazy:

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I am reorganizing my prioities. driveway and house is now #1. I need a new pair of glasses that I will get next week. also same w/ boots. I would like the diesel 2wd burb and a laptop but may get neither since I really really want to get my house up by snow fly this year :D but we will see... the laptop would be great since I do not have a comp anymore (I am on my parents' dinosaur and it hates me and the internet I swear:haha:) the burb will be hard to get. if I do find a nice 2wd diesel... it will fetch a fair sum I would imagine. I know the 4x4 diesel sub I had seen a while ago was going for a little more than I would care to spend, especially when I want 2wd... But a house is important to me. It will be very nice to get it up and start working on it. :D

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Same weird weather here.

Snow-clear-snow-clear-snow-clear-snow. The wet leather gloves turned my hands yellow.

Now it's clearing again but got cold. I was landscaping today and the neighbors probably wondered what the hell I was doing in the snow.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

haha I bet. Done that before myself :D

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Most states, you can file for divorce, and the court will send the papers to her last known address. If no response, then you get the divorce on your terms.

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Well I do have 1/2 an adress... :whistle: :D I think I know the town anyway but am not positive. And she did give me her # again... said one set of digits were 588 instead of 558 the 1st time :doah: no wonder why it wasn't right # eh? I will try to call her 1st and get the complete adress... How does that work w/ a PO box? Doesn't some official ie sheriff or someone have to serve her the papers? :thinking:

8. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Yes, that is correct... someone has to serve the papers in person. I would honestly go find the best lawyer you can find (Family Law) and file the papers before the Wifey does... if you file, you get more benefits out of it than if she files...

My own experience:

My wife filed for divorce...

I filed for custody of our son 2 days later...

Court was in Wisconsin, and I had the full backing of the court because Custody cases outweigh divorce cases... everything was handled together, but had I needed to go to NC for court, I would not have custody of my kid right now.

9. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info bro! as soon as I tlak to my boss when I start my job wednesday I will make an appointment to talk to a lawyer :D :waytogo:

10. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

j0o gots leetle ones?

11. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

that's a negative batman ;)

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

www.anywho.com

go to reverse lookup, and you can find her address most of the time just by entering a phone number.

13. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

didn't find anything. possibly since it's a cell #. which I will call one of the next couple days to see if it the actual # or not :haha: if it is I could get the info directly from her perhaps... :dunno:

14. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

You do not need her to get a divorce. My brother finished his divorce without ever finding where she went. The lawyer from what i here done it cheap. I think it was his bosses so gave him a deal. He had to run an ad in a few papers for a few times and if noone contest(her) then files and in a couple weeks it's over. Then in my brothers case he then filed for child support and got it not knowing where she was! Then she shows up to say hey to kids and the locks are changed and the others in the trailer park(people there know everyone) call the police to make sure no trouble since he is at work and owner of the park is sitter. :haha: :saweet: He comes home later from work to take care of the kids then she shows up. He pulls out the papers and says :deal: :shame: seeya :woot: Since will not pay the little child support that they said he should get he should get she never comes around when in town. :dunno: Just story of my brother. He is a great worker anytime of day boss needs him so boss helped him through all of this and advise him regular on problems and had secretary help him on the paper work. :thumb: