Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grill questions, what interchanges on 88

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My 88 Silverado Burb has the 4 headlight system. I want two headlight system so I can use my retna buring H4 Hella's.
    Looking at pictures the grills look the same between 2 and 4 light. Just looks like I need the Bezel and headlight buckets and possibly the turn signals to fill the gap.
    Am I right or am I missing something?
    I know 89 is different but what years ran the same grill set up as my 88?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

81-82 had the turn signals in the bumper, 83-88 all had the turn signals behind the grill, but 81-88 will all interchange. But other that, yeah, all you need is what you mentioned /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

'85 to '88 all share the same grilles, but as far as swapping to a dual headlight configuration goes, I believe you need to swap the radiator support out for the dual light version as the holes are different. Don't quote me on this though.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Westy got it nailed...the core support clearance holes and mount holes are different. You'll need a 2 light core support Grimmy.

Rene

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It would probably be easier to just buy the Hella H4 lamps that fit the 4-light system. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Grimmy,

I've got a 2 headlight system on my 88 K5. I want a 4 headlight system. Maybe we could work something out? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    PM me if interested.

John

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Westy got it nailed...the core support clearance holes and mount holes are different. You'll need a 2 light core support Grimmy.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer....That's not what I wanted to hear. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm not about to pull them 40 bolts out to get that core suport out and risk scratching the paint. This truck is pristine. Ohh well

I guess it's time to mount the Hella Ralley 1000's tied into the Highbeams and the Hella driving lights to supliment the low beams. It will be a wall of light is somebody srews up and comes at me with the high beams on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif