Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grill swap and head lights??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ramjet gmc, Sep 30, 2003.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

http://www.coloradok5.com/grilleswap.shtml

I have been reading the above post and for the wiring of the head lights and marker lights there is options a,b,c I would like to plug the complete harness from my new grill in to the fire wall plug can this be dun ??

i have a 86 1over 1 and the new one is a 89 side by side

2. ijakers

ijakers Registered Member

I just did that swap a few months ago and I had to use the plug from my 86 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and splice it into the harness of the 91 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. If i remember right the plugs are different but all the wires are colored the same on each harness so splicing was a breeze.i cut all the wires at different lengths on the 91 harness and cut the plug off the 86 harness the match the length of the wires in the 91 plug so the butt connectors would all be at different lengths on the new harness and would fit nicely back into the loom. Hope this helps and dosen't confuse you too much /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Ike