Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grill Trim?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Nov 22, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where I can buy OEM/REPO/NOS anykind of the stainless steel trim that goes across the grill on 83-84 CHEVROLET trucks? Im talking about the peice that has the bowtie in the center of(its actually 2 peices). I looked at LCM and CHEVY duty one of them show it on there diagram but dosent sell but sells the plastic one for the 85-87 it the other dosent sell it at all. Any Idea's? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know where I can buy OEM/REPO/NOS anykind of the stainless steel trim that goes across the grill on 83-84 CHEVROLET trucks? Im talking about the peice that has the bowtie in the center of(its actually 2 peices). I looked at LCM and CHEVY duty one of them show it on there diagram but dosent sell but sells the plastic one for the 85-87 it the other dosent sell it at all. Any Idea's? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i never knew GM made/used any such trim on grilles after 1980,
    is it one piece wide, or ?
    must be deluxe silverado thing or something

ill look around and see if i can run into anyone with one online or locally,
    never know,

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

no, all 83-84's have it as long as its a Chevrolet look at the bowtie on one then look on the edges theres a stainless steel band that runs out from them that goes all the way to the headlight bezels if you look at a 85-87 you can get the same idea too but the 85-87's are plastic and a little wider

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

what kinda sissy needs chrome/stainless anyways? much less a grille? i mean look at mine, a tow truck kinda ruined the little bit of good grille i had left LOL anyways, bumpin to the top for my pal..