Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grille for 76' what do you think?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Dec 30, 2006.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Should I go tube, squar or billet? Im looking at stull from summit and id like to get chrome but I dont think billet has chrome for an option but only brushed, polished, or black face. what do you guys think?

2. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

If it were me I'd paint the stock grille and use it instead of a tube or custom grille...but then that's just me. I'm an OEM kind of guy. :D

3. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Hmm, im up for anything really. my stock grill has some cracks and the emblem has some crappy hillbilly Chevrolet sticker on it. So epoxy the cracks and paint the stock grill black? how do I make the emblem nice again? or do I paint that black too?

4. Craig Artzner

Not totally sure what the best way would be to fix the cracks, but I know you can buy a new emblem for the grille. I bought one for my '75 awhile back. I got it from Cheyenne Pickup Parts, they have alot of odds and ends that are hard to come by. That grille you have is also very hard to come by, you can't buy the '75-'76 (or '73-'74s for that matter) grilles brand new anymore. The only new replacement stock grilles available now from what I can see is the '77-'79 and also the '80 model, and most of them don't even come with provision for an emblem.

5. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

6. Craig Artzner

I wouldn't say any stock grilles. :o You're right, LMC does have the biggest selection, but they still don't have stock '73-'74 grilles or stock '75-'76 grilles. They show pictures of those grilles but they are only for illustration purposes only in order to show some of the surrounding parts (they're printed in lighter ink and do not have part numbers). I went through their entire online catalog last week...