Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grille for '90

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Crash90K5, Mar 21, 2000.

1. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

Grille for \'90

Found a cool grille in the latest LMC Truck catalog, but the darn thing only lists Blazers through '87. Then I called and the salesperson says it'll fit 83-88. Ok, I know the 89-91 has a different front clip, but is that limited to the headlight and turn signal bezels? Is the grille the same?

Shawn, is this something you could answer? You have a newer front clip on your 87, right?

Thanks all,

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Re: Grille for \'90

what does LMC stand for? There might be somethings worth looking into at that place. thanks

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

The salesman is probably correct. Most grilles (center portion)from '81-'88 will interchange. You are correct in stating the '89-'91 is different. the newer grille requires the use of a different radiator support, headlights, turnsignals, and headlight bezels. No parts from the previous years will work on the '89-'91 grille. You can install the newer grille on an older ('73-'88) Blazer with some modifications. I am writing a '89-'91 grille upgrade article for this site. I will have it submitted to Steve soon and you can read all about this matter. I have not seen any aftermarket grille inserts for the '89-'91 grilles yet. Let me know if you find one.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

4. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

Long Motor Corporation
    Check 'em out at http://www.lmctruck.com They don't have an online store, but you can order a catalog from them.

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

5. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier. The 89-91 grill is shorter since the headlight and turnsignal bezel is larger compared to the pre-88 years. They do make some custom grills for 89-90. I'd get a copy of Truckin magazine and look at the adds. If you're set on that grill in LMC, you might be able to chop the ends off but I can't guarantee it will fit perfect.

If anyone is planning on installing an 89-91 grille which requires a few parts, Neil (Mudzer)has done an excellent job on an article about this that will be posted on off-road.com today.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/grill

Shawn
    87 K5