Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grille Gaurd for 87 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG RED - 87' K5, Oct 12, 2005.

1. BIG RED - 87' K5

BIG RED - 87' K5 Newbie

I have an 87 K5, I'm looking for a grille gaurd I can mount a winch on. The only thing I can find is the full bumper style that Warn offers. The truck is all original, I don't want to switch the bumber out. I've seen grille gaurds similar to the Warn Transformer on K5's before (I have a Transformer Grille Gaurd on my Z71 w/ Warn 9500). I can't find anything anywhere! Does anyone know where I can find a grille gaurd, everywhere I've searched on the web does not carry grille guards for trucks this old. Any info would be appreciated.

2. wubba_65

wubba_65 Registered Member

Just Make one!! Cheaper and you get exactly what you want. if you can't weld, then have a shop make one to your specs. Then you get exactly what you want, and it'll be about the same price as buying one from a company like WARN where you are paying for the name.

3. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

My local 4x4 shop had a milemarker front pushbar that bolted over the bumper and would hold a winch.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i would not trust the factory bumper brackets with a winch pulling on them. best get or make a specific winch bumper with good points to the frame.