Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grille swap

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by burntout84, Sep 15, 2002.

1. burntout84

burntout84 Newbie

I was wondering if it was possible for me to take the grille out of my '92 chevy silverado and put in a grille from a newer model chevy silverado, like a '94+. are there any tricks to doing this? Do I need some kind of special kit? if so, where would I go about finding this?

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

they do sell a complete kit in i think the truckin mag. here is what i think you will need.

grille
    2 new headlights
    2 new turn signals
    4 corner markers
    bumper filler
    2 fender extension.

I think you have to drill holes in the core support for the new bumper filler to attach to. hope this helps.

chris

3. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

There is a guy in town who bolted up a 99 escalade front end to a 95 silverado ext cab and that truck looks bad ass..I think that the only problem you would run into is where the fenders meet the new grill .Im not sure which years are different but I am sure that you could swap fenders to match it up.good luck

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Whats wrong with your old grille? I never understood why people like the newer ones so much, i like the old style(88-93)

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I was wondering if I could swap the instrument cluster from a newer one into my '92. Anybody know about this?

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Burnout84 If you are speaking of a 92 chevy pickup grill to a newer grill (like 95 and newer) then there shouldn't be anything but bolting it up. I posted some pictures of the two grills here earlier but they stopped working. If its a blazer then I would not know. But if its a 92 Silverado Pickup I beleive that you do not need to make fender, or light changes.

When I had my 93 I wanted to get one. I like the look better then the older grill as well.

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think the fenders are the same, but the side marker lights are different...I think the bottom lights on the front - the blinkers - might be different too, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the top ones - high/low beams - are the same.