Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grille up grade from 89 to 94 to 98 style

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4u2drull, Jan 27, 2003.

1. 4u2drull

4u2drull Newbie

I have a 89 chevy and I know this can be done but want to know more info on this. I want to up grade my grille to the 94 to 98 style grille,I was told that I needed the radiator support bracket and yes I know I need new side marker lights and a bowtie in the middle too. I already up graded my turn signals to the 94 to 98 kind. I will be puting a billet grille insert in too.
    Anything else you guys can think of would help or if I left something out.

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Broke my grill yesterday cutting wood.3in limb jumped out of bushes for sneak attack.Plain,single headlight style,want to put in newer work truck type.Guess I'll hit wreckin yards and hope. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Or you just go Find one at a Junk Yard and Get all the parts from it and RIG the hell outta it to make it work I know of a couple of trucks around my town that did this and it looks pretty good but you lose your year stylin and I like the dual front light set up b/c it looks so MEAN . Pretty dont go to good offroad usally broken and not so prutty anymore so unless you got a brush guard dont take out small trees and brush. I did this a few times sometimes not on purpose. Use Zip Ties for stuff easy and fun to use they got so many good use's! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, go to the junkyard. I think the older ones look better too though

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Go whole-hog and put on the Escalade nose /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

7. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I just want one of the grills they used to show being hit with a bat.Prob.92-96,Plastic one in mine was starting to crack at mounting points anyway.Wouldn't mind breaking it if wheeling,but,was in back of house{Wooded area}cleaning up. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I think those ads were for the rubbery plastic covered bumpers, and perhaps the grille on some cars. The grille on our '94 Sub is made out of the same brittle plastic as earlier models. As an added "bonus" it is also covered with GM's infamous self-removing chrome. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Mine was plain,single headlight.I think one I want is from Work Truck style.Just broke small peice where reflector goes beside headlight,so not in to big hurry.Liked the escalade look though,but too much chrome for my ride.If it shines you have to wax it more. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif