Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grille ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stizkidz, Feb 23, 2005.

1. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

I am trying to decide which grille to run on my K5. My favorite style Chevy truck grille is plain and simple but I still cannot figure out which applications it came on. Basically it is a simple black grille with nothing covering it except for a very large Chevy Bowtie in the dead center (looks mean). Anyone know what years/models this grille belongs to? Will it bolt up to a K5 front clip?

2. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

You should order a LMC catalog. They have all the grills and years for you to choose from not to mention damn near every replacement part. I always liked the 79-80 rectangle headlight grill assembly and ordered almost all the parts from them for my 75 a few years back. Good luck, hope I could help.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The only grille you won't find in aftermarket is the 73-74 style, which happens to be my favorite. I got lucky and found a NOS one on eBay. Never seen it before or since...LMC and the others have all the other styles 75-91.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah 73 74 look great ive sold a few of them, kinda wish i had kept one, and 75 are cool too but not deep set in like 73 74, but still have engine size in corner,

all the 70s ones are pretty plain and have bowtie in center, same with 71 72

67 68 were bowtie in center but were steel grille more complicated but look awesome :D

good luck