Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GRIM, Dixie Run and CK5 Run Suggestion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, May 22, 2002.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Hey, I talked with Keith last night, I had an idea (I know, I know, I blew a brain gasket with another idea) O.K. here it is. The GBR is doing check in right. How about we make this years CK5 run at Tellico during the Dixie Run. That way if you guys are doing check in, we can all get put on the same Saturday Morning Run. If we decide to do trail 9, we dont need a trail leader or tail gunner, I can do one and you Jim or Keith, or Titianic can do the other (if he has a ride by then LOL).

It would be a great opportunity to meet some of the folks that we have never met, we can all look at each other rigs, not to mention the hundreds of other rigs that will be there. Should be able to get some great trail shots. Might even be able to get into one of the 4x4 rags.

Its a huge gathering, lots of folks, good people, good food. A good safe place to camp and the funds would go to a good cause.

What cha think?

Depdog

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'll see what I can do. Sounds like a plan to me.
    Not sure if we will have control over the trail rides or not. I don't know if that's being handled by the club that does saftey or us doing check in. I however plan to go up on Wendsday and If we are not deciding the rides I will see if I can get any help from the club that is /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    I may get stuck in camp one day to help out with this. The desk has to be manned at all times and the cash box guarded. We are working out a schedual for that.

3. Depdog

You mean the cash boxes at the trail heads. Seems fools and a torch have gotten into them twice that I know of. On the trail rides, heck we can all just sign up to do 9 again. Would need to make sure that the non winch folks are inbetween folks with winches. Gotta have at least 33's and one locker as well. How should we post this and should we post rig requirements as well. If some people dont have the right equipment, but want to come down anyway, we should be able to get them rides with the ones going. That way everybody could still meet and check out each others K5's

Depdog

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Grim, Dep,
    I'm all for this. Hopefully, work schedule won't kill me and make my drive the 13+ hours again on Friday and get their at 3am on Sat. morning like last year. That sucked big time for (not to mention I had a head cold!)....Anyhow, keep us posted on what the haps is. I'm locked both ends now, so its all good.
    Boss

5. Depdog

YOU SUCK, got 1 ton axles, doubler, locked in both ends now, umm, got a winch and some spare leaf spring center bolts (LOL, I had too).

Dude, you need to get married, have some kids and get some dogs and cats, then you will have to slow down on the truck mods like most of the rest of us.

Depdog

P.S. I am just pokin at ya man.

6. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

I thought I would have my new ride ready by Dixie but now it's a very doubtful

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Heck, he has custom springs now, and will be running beadlocks and I think 39.5's. I can't wait to see his truck again. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Grim-Reaper

No Kidding /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I was lucky to get my 35's this year. I was hoping the Winch farry whas coming but no luck again. Wife needed some dental work that exceeded our insurance. I need to reroof my house and have 4 70ft pine trees removed and re pave my driveway.
    I totaly agree with Dep... BOSS....YOU SUCK! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Can't wait to see your truck crawling lower two with the doubler /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

No "S", I'm just now getting mine put back together. All at once now, lets bash Boss for being better at managing his time & $. Hope to wheel with you again Boss, that is one sweet truck.

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Is there a date nailed down on the Dixie run this year? Is it this weekend? Man, I want to make a trip down and wheel with you guys. I should have my doubler installed in a few weeks, after that Im up for anything.

11. Grim-Reaper

Dixie run is usualy the first weekend in October. It's in the mountains so the weather is usualy nice. In the mornings last year you needed a jacket /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Good sleeping weather. Just be sure your tent is water proof! I have never seen so much dew drop in my life! It might as well have poured rain for an hour or two.
    Keep an eye on www.sfwda.org All the Dixie run information will be on that site in the next few weeks. I think They put up the registration forms mid June.

12. Boss

LOL! Boss Bashin'...that's really funny!..hahaha. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Let's see, get married...uhh, not yet...although Fran (my g/f yall met), love to throw hints everynow and then /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif...

I guess I'm doing a decent job of managing the dough...got rent, student loans, gas, food, utilities, and all that to pay...then split the rest between bar/beer and truck stuff...:)

Well, currently, I'm working on getting some Hummer wheels right now (cheap!). Then will change the BS on it and mount some 39.5"s. I'm going to keep these old worn out 35" BFGs I have and tow down the 39.5's.
    I have a bunch of trail runs I'm going to attend before the Dixie, so I'll have a lot of "seat" time with the new mods for sure /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyhow, Titanic, that sucks your truck won't be ready by then...I still hope you will come though, it was fun wheelin' with yah last year.

Mudz, I hope you can make it this year. Like Grim said, it's usually the first weekend in Oct. Would love to see your truck and meet in person.

Can't wait to wheel with all yall Southern Boyz again! Dep, Grim, Keith Big Deal and Jbear...
    Boss
    ps, Dep, I had that winch last year! Remember, it had a really good workout!

13. Depdog

Yep your right, used it to pull you axle back inline, and it was on that chrome warn bumper!

Dont know why I did not remember that.

Depdog

14. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Boss,

You think Keith is a Big Deal, you ought to meet his Brother!

So, if I drive down - y'all promise to play the fiddle music?

When Keith and crew came up for the Spring K5 run last year, they keyed the mic. every once in a while and gave us a little piece of Dixie! Was very cool! Cant wait to wheel with you all.

Im hoping to get into a bedside peeling contest with Grim!

15. Grim-Reaper

No more bed side destruction for me! My wheels now stick out from under the truck. I'm also putting extended nurfs like Depdog and Boss have. I have the steel laying in the garage just trying to make some time to get to it. Two inch wheel spacers on the rear.
    I'm also tossing around the idea of removable bed sides. I have access to a truck that's getting stripped and has straight quarters. Going to cut out the bashed up section. Get a bud to make me a rub rail tied into the cage for laying against stuff. The fenders will be held on by Dzus fasteners. Pop them off for trail rides. Can't bash what's not there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. Depdog

Might as well leave them on, if you move em, the rock gremlins will just find something else to bite on. Get you a big hammer and another can of spray paint, its all good!

Mudzer, you need to come down to tellico, its a blast, you might feel like your on a backwards bobsled run if we do trail 9 again. Its awesome.

Depdog

17. Boss

Mudz, that's who I meant, his bro "Big Deal", (left out the comma there)... that dude is a trip, cool as hell. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss

18. Grim-Reaper

Yeah I keep trying to get him to trade me his burb for my wifes 79 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Next time you seem ask when he's trading me /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Well Big deal now has a new tranny also. We had the r4 rebuilt with the Raptor parts and he likes it alot. It shifts firmer in all gears. Even the 3-4.

20. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Im hoping to be there. Can someone keep me posted via E-mail on this trip?

offroad@nashvillek5.com

Thanks! Brandon