Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grim's Bikini Top

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Grim\'s Bikini Top

Hey Grim, what material did you use to make your $35 bikini top? Thanks!

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Grim\'s Bikini Top

Piece of 6x8 canvas from Northern tool. That one wore out and THe replacement was going to be some Condura canvas that I picked up for a couple bucks more again it was at Northern. For a Half cab truck you probably want 6x6 maybe even 4x6.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks. I'm still trying to get topless here but suppose I need to keep the kids dry! Found out we can make a roll bar at the shop hubby manages - not sure why I didn't think of that. They bend pipe. Do you know of anywhere to find a detailed pic of that rear roll bar? I have seen them in pics but just from a distance. Thanks again. You're a big help!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Uhh somebody has some pictures of the factory offered bar in their CK5 web site. I think it might have been either Rocko or Mudzer.
    If it were my truck and I was worried about the kids I would make a good 4-6 point cage for the rear. Basicly a hoop behind the front doors. Hoop by the tail gate or a long set of legs that transition into the over head bars with a stringer from side to side like mine is. The problem with a free standing single hoop is they are too easy to fold. Really with a hard top truck you can get away without the front bars but the full cage over the rear would make it pretty safe. I want to build a cage like that for my wifes 79. Some pictures of the cage in my 75 on my sites that you can see the cage.