Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grinding noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KapeKodK5, Apr 14, 2000.

1. KapeKodK5

KapeKodK5 Registered Member

Mar 3, 2000
    I just installed a 4" lift on my Blazer. I also replaced rear diff fluid and put on a chrome cover. When I decelerate from anything over 40 mph I hear a grinding noise. It is not constant and does it weather I am braking or not. Bad U-joints or a problem with the rear diff maybe, or something else?
  2. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

Feb 24, 2000
    Hey I've got the same problem. My truck had some weird 5 and a half lift in the back only so I bought 3 inch springs up front to level it but the problem is still there. Mine is only in high gear and seems to be lessened with the levelled lift. I've heard many say that lowering the rear of the transfer case helps and that it also shouldn't be neccesary with only a four inch lift. In my case though, since my truck is now level and it's supposed to sit low in the rear, my yokes probably aren't perfectly in parallel. I'm thinking about taking it to a driveline shop (far away) since I've got so much else to do on the thing. Please let me know if you find anything out in your case.