Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grinding noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Just changed the pads and put some permatex disk brake quiet on it. When I went down a small hill they squeaked and then I heard a grinding sound. Didn't see any marks on the rotors, would bad wheel bearings cause the grinding sound? As far as the brake squeal goes, has anyone had better luck with another product? I heard the CRC stuff works good??

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

did you install new pads without resurfacing the rotors? and the disc brake quiet, you put it on the back of the pads, right? oh and what brand pads did you use? usually aftermarket pads are noisy to begin with, esepecially the lifetime warrantied ones because they're so hard..

3. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Didn't resurface the rotors and you're right, I did use the lifetime pads... could that be the problem?

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

its possible..they're so hard and theyre trying to grab a glazed surface..its really hard to diagnose stuff like this over the computer...but did you grease the slides that the holes in the brake pads go over?