Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GRINDING

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jan 8, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

its a 10bolt front end
    I started noticing the bearings were going bad but I had to drive my truck home anyways now its making a GRINDING sound! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif anyways I went up to napa and bought some iner and outer bearings a freind of mine said the spindels were bad too because there was a groove in them (not that deep)and he said that the race was spinning inside. Im wondering if its the spindel or the hub both sides do it. It has warn super preimum locking hubs on it but they were on the truck when I bought it. If it is the hub is it the part that I see avterized as warn hubs for like $100 and says fits most chevrolet 1/2 tons

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It's more than likely the spindle, I've never seen a race spin in the hub, the bearing spins on the spindle and burns it. The Warn lockout hubs shoule really be called hub lockeuts since everyone is always confused on those things. The thingy with the dial that you turn is a lockout, the thingy that the bearings press into and the lockout installs into is the hub.</font color>