Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grommets...for seats...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, Dec 18, 2001.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ok, I want to install a 5 pt harness...and would prefer to keep the stock seats in my '85. To that end, I need to put a place in the stock seat for the shoulder belt to come through (y-style belt).

LONG ago I saw "seat grommets" on the www that were just for said purpose. Anyone know where I might find them now? How hard are they to put in? I am somewhat crafty, and would prefer to save $$$ when I can (ie, skip spendy professional installations if possible!). Any ideas/info? Lemme know,

Jason

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

2. jekbrown

btt! come on guys, SURELY someone in the world manufacturers these things...they gotta be available somewhere. Where are the upholstery gurus at? ;)

Jason

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

3. jekbrown

4. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I remember ordering a seat belt escution (bezel) for a bench seat on an 88-up truck. It finishes the hole in the seat bottom
    where the seat belt buckle comes through. I'll make my self a note & check it out at work in a.m.-Jim

88 Silverado K5 5.7-700R-208-10 bolts-4.56-35in
    Procomp AT's- some ORD stuff & a CV driveshaft

5. jekbrown