ground clearance D80 vs 14B

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NOT4SHW, Mar 12, 2007.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Just wondering if anyone has actually compaired the two axles for ground clearance? Reason is that I'm wanting to have a custom rear steer axle built and Steve at wants to build me a d80 rear steer axle. I currently run a 14 bolt rear with no issues at all. Steve for what ever reason doesn't care for the 14 bolt and this isn't a discussion on which is better but I was just wondering if anyone knew which has the most ground clearance or could be shaved to have the most ground clearance? I would think the answer would be the 14 bolt but I don't have a d80 to compair it to.
  2. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Aug 10, 2004
    I just thought I'd post up because I saw you're in Gulfport... All I really have to add is... BLASPHEMY! How dare he discredit the 14bff! I just now got one! But rear steer rigs are definately bad ass, keep us posted. Sorry I couldn't help... :crazy:
  3. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Yeah got lots a parts as well, if you need a d60 or d44 8 lug to match the 14b give me a yell. I've got them on the shelf! I've got several k5's and I know where lots of parts are in the area.