Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ground Hawg Radials

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

From what I hear, they are an EXTREMELY good tire. They get awesome mileage and pull fairly decent. They wear and ride like iron, and are probably made of it too. And just think, if you turn the tire around it's insta-paddle time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Last absolutely forever on the highway, They are such a hard rubber. But street manners get fun, lets just say in rain once they start to slip look out! Theyre not that bad just try to go easy in the rain.

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Oh, by the way they are a great tire all around, like I said last forever plus get great mud traction. Not as much as some swamper boggers, but still are great mud tire. I have heard of people grooving them in the middle and they say that helps alot.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anyone got a pic of the 38" Ground Hawg Radials on a K5 with 6" of lift ???? I'd really like to see it.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm starting too think I really want these now. I've been looking for a long lasting tire with very aggressive tread, that can be used on a daily driver. I usely slow it down in the wet stuff anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

How much you finding them for? Tyres1.com is like $277 a tire, way too much for me. I am used to a hard compoun, my Chapparal APs are real hard compound and you have to be REAL careful on the throttle in the rain.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

$250.00 each. Yes, alittle pricey, but if they're long lasting, they'd be worth it to me.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anybody got a pic of a K5 with Ground Hawgs ???

10. 98sub454

98sub454 Registered Member

heres a pic of mine 10" superlift on 40" hawgs. even though my tires are non radials, they are great on the road and look like they are going to last a long time, and they kick ass in the mud /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I like that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My K5 is a 76, but only 6" lift so I'm thinking 38" Ground Hawg Radials, and alittle fender trimming.

12. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

You could probably go 38"; just bust out the trimming tools! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

I am running 38" hawgs on 4" lift with lots of trimming they are awsome in every way except i herd that they don't do as good rock crawling as tsl's because the side walls don't flex as much as tsl's but other than that I wouldn't run anything els also check 4wheelparts.com you can get 38" bias hawg for 243 apiece

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've decided to get the 38X15.50 R-16.5LT Becouse the real hight is 37.2" . I was thinking I wanted some 37's, so these will be perfect for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, that would be a 38 inch tire... Not many tires run their stated diameter, so when you say 37, you mean a tire that states 37 on the side. I ran 38" Swamper Radials, they're only 37.1 actual, so those Hawgs are slightly larger than those. Also, mot true 37s are pretty narrow, not 15.5" wide like these ones. Plus you're going to run a 12" rim on them, right? Good luck keeping the front end together, some people have better luck than others, but I found that 38s were way too much tire for my D44. Running that wide of a rim is going to make it even harder on the axle. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font>

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

New code for the 38x15.50x16.5 is RV-61R. It's still a radial, only now in a 10 ply tire. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Yeah, that would be a 38 inch tire... Not many tires run their stated diameter, so when you say 37, you mean a tire that states 37 on the side. I ran 38" Swamper Radials, they're only 37.1 actual, so those Hawgs are slightly larger than those. Also, mot true 37s are pretty narrow, not 15.5" wide like these ones. Plus you're going to run a 12" rim on them, right? Good luck keeping the front end together, some people have better luck than others, but I found that 38s were way too much tire for my D44. Running that wide of a rim is going to make it even harder on the axle. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ] It'll give me the excuse to upgrade to a Dana 60, LOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

I am running 38.5x15.16.5 hawgs on a 9.75 wide rim
    I wouldn't run a wider rim than that if you want to keep the beed on rim

19. 98sub454

98sub454 Registered Member

my 40s are on a 10" rim also. I ran the 10" rim because thats what denman reccomended for the tire. it looks great and works great with them

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Demman recomends a 16.5x12 rim for these tires. I probley won't air down much becouse I'm not into rocks. I mostly do trails in search or old ghost towns or mines.