Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ground hawg ?????'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chops76, Oct 5, 2006.

1. chops76

chops76 Registered Member

i gotta 1976 k5 that i restored with a 6" suspension lift and now it is time to buy some rims and tires. i heard that ground hawgs have the longest road life than any other tires. the question now is do i go bias or radials? i use it alot on the road in the summer time. how big is the difference in ride between bias and radial? another thing, how big could i or lets say, should i go? i have been checking out the 40" x17"x16.5" , even though they would look cool, i dont think i will have much room for articulation. i cut the fenders out already and got the cut out pocket style fender flares but i am still uncertain. i have also been checking out the 38"x15.5"x16.5". should be enough room there. the blazer had 39.5"x15"x15" super swamper tsl's and had just enough room left to have a little fun. so here it is, ground hawgs? 40" or 38"? bias or radial? also, where is the cheapest place to pick up ground hawgs? i can get 38" radials shipped for about $375 a tire and i can get 40" bias shipped for about $300 per tire. thanks and any info would be great. thanks agian.

2. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Duder,

I have no idea where to get them, but I know the Bias v. Radial topic has about 612 threads associated with it so if you search you will get a plethera of great information...with that said, I have 6" lift, cut fenders and 38" Ground Hawg radial...good luck

IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2946.JPG

IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_3341.JPG

3. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I vote 38" radials

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

dont mean to hi-jack, but doesn anybody know the true of 44" hawgs?

id get the 40" bias. they will still wear very well.