Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ground hawgs or Super Swamper TSL??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JunkYardCrawler, Nov 19, 2000.

1. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

i'm trying to figure out witch tire will be better. i was woundering what you guys know about the two. i like to go crawling as much as i can. and bogging every so often. from what i have heard the ground hawgs wear really well. and they look really mean on a truck. the only thing i know about the TSL is that everyone has them, and they have decent reviews.
    thanx

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

im gona say ground hawgs, they are seriously incredible tires. i've got first hand expeience. i dont know about the swampers first hand though...

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have TSL Radials and I love them. They're just loud enough to be heard and they work great off road. The Ground Hawgs are good tires but I think they're a little more.</font color=blue>

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I've had every tire out there except for the swampers, the ground hawgs wear real well. I had em for a long time before they even started to show any wear on them.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I've also considered the TSL's to be a little more aggressive then the others but thats just my opinion. As far as wear, my neighbor had the bias TSL's mounted on his IH and claimed to have 35k miles on them. I've heard of others with the TSL radials easily get 30k on them. I don't have much on mine but I think the TSL's might wear good. I've heard of getting less with the Thornbirds and Boggers. There's a page on this on http://www.intercotire.com called "causes of tire wear". The noise with the TSL radials isn't bad. The bias TSL's are louder. If you drive on the street half the time, I'd suggest a radial no matter which brand you get.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]