Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Groundhawgs in the snow??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Truckfan2, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

I get out of school tomorrow and go pick up my Jimmy from storage. I've got 35x14" groundhawgs on it and I'm wondering how bad the tyres handle in the snow, on and off road (2-3 feet around here). What can I do to improve the performance of these tyres... sipe them?? I need help with this one, thanks.

Have been stuck (once) as of 8/12/00

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Siping will definitely help on the harder packed stuff...just don't overdo it, or you will have "chunking" and your tires will lose chunks of rubber rapidly! Have fun in the snow, I am jealous!!! It's friggin almost 80 damn degrees today in So Cal!!! I can't wait to get out and go to the mountains for New Years! Big Bear here I come!!

3. BIGCHEVY

BIGCHEVY Registered Member

siping will only help so much though. i have 35x14x15 ground hawgs that are siped. as soon as they start spinning they create ice and then they suck. the best way to get better traction in snow is to put some weight in it. that will help alot.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE,YOU AIN'T TRYING HARD ENUFF

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Hell, we just got about 2 inches here in Tennessee, and I never even used 4 wheels, and I still have street tires. I woudl think that you wouldn't have any problemo's till you get into some ice.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com