Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Growin Grass

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Jul 14, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifMy backyard lawn is kind of dead in spots.It hasnt been watered for a long time.I fixed my sprinkler system yesterday........how can i get grass, fast???? It has spots that still have some grass. Cheapest way??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Go to your neighboors yard in the middle of night and dig out patches from theres, then transfer it to your lawn /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

That would be the retarded way , yes. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I wonder if i water the [darn] out of it.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

RETARDED /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif who you calling retarded /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Do you water it regulary? The place I work at, the lady never watered her lawn last year, it was like a grass desert, this year she had sprinklers installed, and fertilized, and its green as grass should be.

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif no one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i want my grass to grow /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

*ahem*

I fine you 50 points for using thread comment picture(s)

Carry on

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

really??? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif so can you get my grass to grow??? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

I bet Z3PR could help you out with some seeds /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I bet Z3PR could help you out with some seeds /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]???????????

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Young man, I am going to have to report this to the local authorities, having a grow-op and posting it in public is insane:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Growin Grass

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

my yard man sheesh /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifthe last thread i made in here someone twisted my movie into a peice of poop /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif why do these always end up all twisted????? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL, its not my fault /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

You never answered my question, do you water your lawn grass regularly?
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Here's the deal, brother:

1. Take a rake and rough up the dead spots. Push hard on the rake to get the tines down into the soil about 1" or so. If the topsoil is fawked go buy a couple of bags and topdress th raked out patches.

2. Go to your local garden centre and buy some "patch seed". This special seed is mixed with a mulch to keep it in place and usually some starter fertilizer to help it germinate quickly.

3. Spread the seed mix and rake it in with the back(flat part) of your rake. Either roll or walk on the patches of dirt/seed to get the seed to bond with the soil.

4. Keep the now seeded dirt moist for at at least a couple of weeks. Once you can see the baby grass poking up, water it thoroughly once a week unless it rains a lot.

Hope that helps, brother.

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

One other thing I forgot to mention:

If most of your lawn is dead, get enough topsoil hauled in to topdress the entire lawn about 1" deep. Buy a quality seed and follow the seeding directions. Use a quality starter fertilizer and once again follow the application directions. Keep the entire lawn moist for the first month while the seed germinates.

Here's a couple of pics of the lawn I got started at my rec property following the above directions:

BEFORE (A couple of weeks after seeding- notice the topsoil showing through the grass)

[​IMG]

AFTER (One month later)

[​IMG]

Keep in mind that this is on a lawn that only gets attention one day a week. If I'd been out there everyday for the first two weeks of germination the grass would've come in even better!!!!

16. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Cool. I will do that in conjunction with everyday watering and well see. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

its too late to grow grass. You got to wait until fall when its cool enough so the seedlings don't burn up, unless you want to leave the sprinkler on day and night to keep them cool /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Early spring or fall...in the "Sac", your seedlings would be toast......be patient(like with your blazer) and wait until fall.

18. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Water, fertilizer and grass seed, you may want to rough up the bare spots so the seeds take and put some straw over the seeded areas /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go rent a airater, be carefull of your sprinkler heads. Then spread your seed. Water each night.

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok. Seems everyone has there own way.......like a BBQ /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif