Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grrr im pissed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by swampblazer, Sep 23, 2003.

1. swampblazer

swampblazer Registered Member

how come i cant view the members rides section anymore. i am logged in and everything...?

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

MEMBERS Rides

*cough*

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

hmmm....makes sense... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. swampblazer

why are you being so mean?/ ive been where for a while and i used to be able to view them.

5. swampblazer

i used to think this site was aweomse i come on and read the forums every day now you are being mean to me and stuff. just cause i dont have any pictures or anything

6. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

hes just saying you ned to ba a member. your a bluebe

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Really the only thing open to non-paying members anymore is the Garage section. If you want to view the pictures you have to pay the registration fee. In case you haven't noticed (or tried) you are unable to post in any columns except this one. You can still read them, just no more asking questions.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

Dude you sound like a girl stop cryin and grow some balls

9. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ya gotta pay to play. lots of money to run this site and pay off debts. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

jacob

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

he is not being mean he is just saying that you have to be a orange paying member to view the members rides area and to be able to post in all the forums currently you can only post in this forum the ord forum and the test forum

11. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not to sound like a dick but as far as I am concerned people should have to be a paying member to have any access at all. This site cost's $2.00 a month,(24.99 year ) There is no way in hell someone cannot afford that!

12. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Not to sound like a dick but as far as I am concerned people should have to be a paying member to have any access at all. This site cost less than $2.00 a month, There is no way in hell someone cannot afford that!

[/ QUOTE ]

wanna bet?

what the paying members often fail to realize is that blue names are not all information leeches. We can also be a source. I sill read in the other forums and often as question is asked that I could answer or give a different solution but because of the membership requirement I am forbidden. It is really no skin off my nose but I like to help people while asking nothing in return (ie. membership) but not everyone here feels that way. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I like how it's set up now, but that's opinion.

I wonder how many people are using this place? That's a lot of knowledge, a lot of opinion, and a lot of bandwidth

Besides the Garage is a dumping ground for every topic anyway, just like real life, except for no garage sales, see a pun, even puns in the garage!

Anywho....

14. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not at all implying that you are a leech.It is just that there are too many posts from people that do not pay the membership fee and then bitch they cannot use more of the site.I am sure you have a lot of useful information that could benefit a lot of people.

15. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Geeez guys... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Calm down, he's apparently not aware of the changes.

Steve was running into a financial problem with the bandwidth usage for the site. He was out many 10's of thousands of dollars offsetting the cost. He was ready to pull the plug but decided in order to try and reduce the costs associated with the bandwidth, to limit non-members to the garage only. This allows new people to see and participate in the site by allowing a place for non-members to post but greatly reduces the bandwith and cost.

It was done basically to keep the site alive and if people want to support the site, they get full access. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i didnt start paying untill after he changed it to members only sections. I wasnt aware that it was costing him so much though. damn

17. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

just think of the tax system than reverse it, people that dont pay taxes get all the benefits,the people that do,
    get nothing, i wish i could get my tax money back that i
    pay for all the thankless pos free loaders, atleast this
    place is voluntary, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i used to think this site was aweomse i come on and read the forums every day now you are being mean to me and stuff. just cause i dont have any pictures or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

He's apparently having a hard time saving his allowance and can't afford to pay the dues. However, even if he did scrounge up enough money for a membership he still wouldn't be old enough for a check book /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Where's good 'ol Mom when ya need her? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

This really pisses me off. I (and others I assume) do not mind helping out people stuck in a jamb because many times it gathers new members but to piss and moan about having to pay for a site is total BS! Many non-paying members spend more on coffee in a month that what it would cost to join. I mean serously, get a paper route if you need to a pay. It is not cheap to run a web site espcially one that contains as much info and tech as this one not to mention the time it takes to admin and develope the site. If you have spent the 15 or so bucks for a Hayes manual just concider the forums here as a companion.

20. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I think of it as an interactive magazine subscription. On here I get far better information and much faster responses to questions I may have.I get some of the monthly magazines on the subjest, and they all seem to leave you hanging anyways.

Besides, who wants to send in a question to one of them and wonder if they will ever answer it? If they do answer it, most of the time it just leaves you scratching your head with it's vagueness. Heck, MJ gives better answers than they do in 6 words or less, and much more clear too.....