Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grrr Thieves...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 5, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well I've been working on the S10 since about 11. At some point I realized that my dad's Wrench drawer was bare. I thought it odd, sure he takes one or two at a time to a job site or something thinking he may need them, but he has a surplus of wrenches, why clear out the main drawer? So I go back to work. Around 2 Dad comes home. I ask whats up with his wrenchs(and I noticed there were no ratchets either). He got a worried look on his face and looked in his tool box. Yep, sure enough the wrenches and ratchets are gone, everything else is still there. So he starts looking around for other stuff missing. We look and his welder is still there. Suddenlly it dawns on me... MY welder ISN'T there. ****ers got my Lincoln 175 :mad: I wanted to trade it in for a bigger unit soon too. So after looking around a while, all we can find they took is, my welder, all dad's ratcheting wrenchs, his assortment of standard wrenches(only half of them though cause there is another drawer full), and his ratchets. I can't figure it out. They walked right passed dad's Lincoln 135, tons of power tools, nail gun, my dremel, parts for the S10, the stick welder, the entire rest of Dad's toolbox and took JUST these few things?? ****ty either way.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thieves suck.. :mad:

might be worth checking any local pawn shops..

had it happen to me once.. living in sh*thole Iselin, NJ, back in the late 80's... broke into the garage that my Chevelle was in.... stole a brand new pair of N50-15's, still had the stickers on em..

and a cantalever toolbox loaded with snappy stuff... prolly over a grand worth in there, easy.. including a 6 piece custom drift set, machined for me by a buddy.. :(

thankfully they didn't touch the car...

did you guys report it?

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

That sucks. Suggestion...if it's in a garage, and not many people can see into this garage often...I'd be looking at people I know.

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Today I discovered someone stole a door off of one of my parts trucks. Its a CUCV and is the ****tiest, rusties piece of **** in the yard. The truck is litteraly falling apart from rust, and there is another 80's chevy truck with spotless doors 10 yards in front of it, and yet they stole the shiity truck's door. Even better, this was in a 7' tall barb-wire at the top fenced yard. That means some little mexican(s) (just speculating... :rolleyes: ) had to lift the ~75 pound door over his head to get it over the fence. I honestly dont miss the actual door one bit but I am royaly pissed off that someone did it. Now I'm concerned that other parts will start disappearing and there's not really much I can do about it...

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't suspect anyone I know, I suspect some hoodlum that my sister knows. No I don't have anyone particular in mind, just the fact that I know none of her friends and they are all little gearhead wannabes so who knows. We move soon, so I say the new pole barn gets an alarm. Especially if I do as I want to get get the Lincoln 255 to replace my 175... $2000 vs $700, yeah that would make me quite a bit angrier... not that a $700 welder being gone makes me happy. Haven't reported it to the police, think dad may have reported it to home owners insurance.

Pawn shop is a decent suggestion but I live in an area that doesn't have any pawn shops. I bet anyone that stole it has it in their garage right now in use. Garage can be seen from the street but its only open when I'm in their working. Dad thinks someone may have stolen it when they were looking at the H2 rims I have out front for sale. Said it looked like someone tried to mess with those one day(chained and locked). The house is for sale as well so there are people touring though the garage sometimes. So who knows, plenty of suspects out there, I'd just really like to rearrange someones teeth over it.

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

:mad: I know exactly how you feel

7. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

im starting to get paranoid cause at night im woken up by the sounds of a car stopping and doors opening and closeing outside...i immediatly get up and go turn on the light to inspect the situation im pretty paranoid cause i have most of my spare parts in the cab of the truck

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can remember a few instances when I was young stuff like that happening. T heir used to be woods next to our house, cars a couple times stopped just a bit down from our driveway, and let someone out. Dad noted it these times and grabbed the 12 guage. He'd just stand in the driveway near the woods, cock the gun, and stand there a bit. Within a minute you'd hear the car leave. I've heard it said before and its true, "the sound of a 12 guage pump action is one of the most recognizable and scary sounds in the America". Dad owns his own construction company and has for years, so there has always been valuable equipment around, between the enemies hes made over the years and bad employees hes had its bound to happen that someone tries something. But we haven't had a problem in many years, so it caught us off guard.

9. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

yeah same here my dad owns a concrete general contracting buisness i guess it would be called usualy when i just flip on the lights it scares whoever it is away...plus i have an old old barn in my yard which is where my 64 impala resides so thats another reason im extra worried about random cars driveing by and stopping