Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grrr, tune-ups suck.....

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Blaze, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, my car is pissing me off. I know it needs a tune-up, so I went out and spent $120 on a set of Accel 8.8mm race wires, an Accel High Performance Cap and rotor, a set of Delco Rapidfires, and new PCV valve. I got the cap, rotor, and pcv valve on with no problems, but the other stuff gave me a problem. I decided to be really smart and do the work at my apartment rather than at my parents' house with all my tools, jacks, and ramps. I'm sitting there with the car on flat ground(first mistake) reaching down in the motor trying to find where the back spark plug is when I realize that my universal and spark plug socket is at my parents' house(second mistake). I figure I'll just replace the plug wires. By this time it's getting dark, so I can't really see what I'm doing. After I accidentally rip off three of the wires(all at once - oops) I realize that there is no way I can finish without having the car on ramps or something. So now I'm driving my car with 5 crappy, original plug wires that are almost fried and 3 brand-new Accel race wires. Grrr, hopefully I can finish this this weekend so the car will actually run half decent. How come I can never work on a car without having at least one thing f-up?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I know how you fell. I just put a tranny in my burb and found out that the rear end needs to be rebuilt, so I cant drive it untill I fix it :(

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>