Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Grrr

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Rice Eater, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Rice Eater

Rice Eater Registered Member

Today I decided I would clean up the Blazer alittle bit.....while i was cleaning it I found several good size holes in the floor under the carpet. It sucks but im kinda lucky cause my cousins a welder and can easily patch them, I kinda pissed tho cause it looks like the guy that sold me the blazer put duct tape over the holes and when he sold it to me he never said anything about them. Arg i hate rust lol. :mad:

2. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

Same thing happend to me, bought the blazer with one hole that i new of that would be an easy fix. Brought it back and after ripping up the interior to redo it i found out that easy to fix hole went farther and into my crossmember, also i found that there were about 10 other rust spots in the floor.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Rust free??--or "free rust"!

Yeah,I hate new england!--even the "mint" trucks here have at least SOME cancer hidden somewhere--and it spreads like wildfire..I've watched my trucks go from decent,to shabby,to absolute rotted JUNK in only 5-10 years,and I have had to patch the floors and put new rockers on most of them 2 or 3 times before I finally have to scrap them...

I've never seen metal rot so fast,ever!--the WOOD on my flatbed is in better shape than the 4 inch channel iron I made it from 10 years ago is!.... :screwy: :surepal: --pretty bad when wood rots slower than steel,and I'm talking untreated plywood!..I blame the calcuim cloride salt they dump by the tons every time it snows here--we had 25 storms this year--I bet my truck has holes in it by fall... :frown1: