Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grrrr...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Aug 21, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well i got the fuel filter replaced, got the serpentine belt replaced, replaced some vacuum hose and a little 2 way vacuum check valve. today i rebuilt the TBI with mew gaskets and o rings and went to put it back on the manifold. and the threads on the fitting that threads into the back of the TBI for the return fuel line was all screwed up where the fuel line threads into it. so now im one fitting away from having a running suburban, and checkers and autozone dont have this thing!! so i guess monday after work im going to nevada house of hose to get a new fitting. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i feel your pain. i did that a week ago. its that darn soft aluminum and brass. check the junk yards. the only one the gm parts database listed a week ago was in penn. napa also carries them.

3. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

So why didn't you have fuel the other day? Was it the injectors?

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Can you run a tap on the threads? I have had to do that with some of my brake lines lately, in order to get them to thread back on correctly. Nevada House of Hose is kind of pricey. There is a place on Losee Rd. that does high pressure hose work for a little cheaper. If it is a double flair fitting, you can go to Harbor Freight Tools (on Decater Blvd.) to buy a cheap tube cutter, and a tubing double flare kit.

5. muddysub

[ QUOTE ]
    So why didn't you have fuel the other day? Was it the injectors?

[/ QUOTE ] yeah its an injection problem, as long as you're spraying something down the throttle body (carb cleaner, WD40 etc...) it'll run just fine, but as soon as it has to depend on its own injectors it dies. so ive rebuilt the TBI replaced the injectors and fuel filter and there was about 2 gal of bad gas in the tank and i put like 6 gal of good gas and a bottle of berryman's B12 in the tank, i hope it works.

i dont have a tap set so no i cant, if NV house of hose doesnt have it ill go to napa.

6. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you should be good to go soon as you get the fitting. Hope everything works out. You taking your suburban when you go back to school in Phoenix?

7. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

if the threads are fouled in the injector housing, you need another housing. i asked a machine shop if they could drill it out and re-tap it with a larger size. but then you start playing games trying to find an extension fitting that works with your new pod thread adn the old fuel line thread. the pod is aluminum i think, so its real soft. the metal fuel lines don't make it easy to get the extension back in the tbi. especially if its still attached to the truck.

8. muddysub

no, its the fitting between the injector housing and the steel fuel line. where the line threads into it. the threads on the line are ok and the injector housing is fine.

and no i graduated 2 weeks ago so the sub is not going back to phoenix.