Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GRRRRR!!! I'm sick of electrical issues!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by colbystephens, Feb 20, 2007.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

ok, went out to my truck, started up just fine everything works, turn on the headlights and only get marker lights. what's up with that? i tried a second light switch, all the fuses are good and i don't think that both headlights would go out at the same time. any thoughts???

2. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

bad high beam switch? click it a couple times and see if they start working.

3. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Good answer!

I'd bet on a bad high beam switch. I've had my lights go out completely when I switch from low to high and only come back on with a wiggle. Plan to replace it when I finish with the axle/lift stuff.

4. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel colby, I have the same problem and they just stoped working on me one day :(

5. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Why not just replace all the wiring?

As far as I am aware, all the diesel specific stuff is in it's own seperate harness...

Takes only a few hours, then suddenly you have all new wiring, which will fix your wiper switch, light and ignition issues... Fix that mess you've made properly! :D

6. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i think it is that high-beam switch. i got them working, drove out to where i needed to be, came back to my truck they wouldn't work. screwed w/ it some more and thought it was a ground issue. great, that's easy to fix. well, shut off my truck again and had the same problem only wiggling my grounds didn't work. screwed w/ it for a while and got nothing. then i fired up my truck and figured i'd use my auxiliary lights to get me home, and as soon as i turned the truck on the lights came on... wierd. anyway, it sux. guess i'll try the high beam switch tomorrow evening.

wiring is my spring break project! :) i think i'm going to relocate my fuse box... :D