Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grrrrrrrr

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 85burbanator, Aug 17, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

man oh man i dont know where to begin. ok, i took my truck in to get the gaskets and everything all fixed and stuff and it took thr guy about 2 weeks when he said it would only take 1. then my dad brings me my truck up to work and i go to drive it and it feels slower and to top that of i see that the trim peice on the drivers side door is broken off and sitting in the back seat along with the crank to roll down the rear window /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. i would have called the guy but he went out of town and wont be back till tommorow.
    so im driving it and all is good then all of a sudden it starts to sound like a tractor. its no longer running smooth but it has more of a sputter. super pissed and i also lost all my brakes. ive only had the damn truck back for 2-3 days and didnt drive it for 1. also the fools didnt put my aircleaner on right which i thought was fool proof and they got the plastic wire cover things to close to my headers and they melted to them so now i got tons of melted plastic all over them.
    also they were using the burb to pic up parts which prolly means they tried to open the tailgate so im waiting tfor that fall off. they even trashed the back of the beast and didnt clean it up. the guy who owns the shop and did most of the work is supposed to be good friends with my dad but didnt say anything to him about the broken pieces or that he drove it to get parts. i actually caught him driving it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif im affraid to go back there cause i might hit him or something and im seriosly doubting there abilities to do quality work. sorry the post is so long but im very mad and just had to vent. i will stop talking now.

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

sounds like this Jack hole owes you quite a bit. first and foremost, a detailing on your trucks interior, secondly, he needs to refund your money, and you need to go get your Gaskets replaced somewhere else. if this dumbass couldn't figure out how to install an aircleaner properly, chances of him actually having replaced any gaskets is pretty weak, or done improperly. which gaskets was he to replace? since gaskets is a pretty wide all encompassing term...

besides letting your father know, if you already havn't, the better business bureau loves to hear about abuses of this nature.

peace out, and good luck,

Ddragggon

3. 85burbanator

he was supposed to do the head gaskets and the rear main but then i told him to go ahead and do all the gaskets and what not and fix the cam. he then added a performer rpm manifold to the engine for free. my dad went up there and they were cleaning out the water jackets cause they were nasty and plugged. ima take it back up there and see what he has to say. i wanted to do it myself but i work 5 days a week and go to school so i have zero time. hes done all the work on my dads truck and my dad doesnt have any complaints.

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, a free RPM maniford is worth about $130.

He is your dad's friend....

Maybe, it was time for new plug wires anyway, the poor running could be a burnt wire. The trim piece is prolly easy to get and replace....

Be careful, this could stir up something. Talk with your dad, as these two guys prolly lend / borrow stuff anyways, and since you are his kid they might have thought it was OK. Having a Dads friend that runs a shop could be advantageous down the road, like maybe a place to work on your junk, or getting some free welding.

Lots to think about....

5. 85burbanator

he cant weld for crap. when i go there tomorrow illl have a nice taalk with him about all this. hes an easy guy to talk to and stuff. im not that mad that he took my truck to get stuff but im mad at the fact that he wasnt going to say anything and peice got broke off my truck in the process. oh well ill talk with him tomorrow.

6. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

a free intake is a good deal,but not if the truck wont run right.seems to me to have the truck that long for pretty much a rebuild.they would have it running right for you.
    i gotta say if you cant get an air cleaner on right or wires off the hedders.i cant imagine tearing into the motor and messing up the small stuff.since hes your dads friend i`d tread lightly but tell him how you feel and get him to show you what he did.maybe he just missed something,its a lot of work.maybe he just made parts runs in it and did nothing.its possible he gave you a free cracked manifold too.
    sucks either way though.
    goodluck

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

if the aircleaner was put on wrong, one of the many many million vacuum lines that I'm visualizing under a mid 80's truck for emissions could be either disconnected, or misconnected... Vacuum leaks = the sucks for any kind of power.

good luck dude,

-Ddragggon

8. 85burbanator

well i took it in and there fixing the trim piece and the rear window crank handle. i dont have any emiisions crap on this truck so most of the lines are pluged. i started it up and went under the hood to listen with him and my dad and we figured he neede to adjust the back lash.