Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! %&&#%@#^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NCblackandredk5, Oct 3, 2002.

1. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

i was on my way back to tech school today on the freeway... started feeling a slight vibration... kept gettin worse... so i pull into the parking lot and... CLUNK!!!! ching ching ching... i threw a cap on my u joint... %^@$#@!!!!! so i limp over to the auto shop- 100 yards or so... and pull it in... well evidently, that was a little too far... started pressing the new u-joints in and my yoke is wobbled out.... so im thinking... i need a new yoke anyway... wanna get rid of the slip yoke... is there a kit to eliminate the rear slip yoke on a np208??? is it feasible/has it been done before???? hmmmm... keep the low range of the 208... without the dang slipyoke.... that could be a good thing... any input is greatly appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've heard of some people doing this using Dodge parts.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

You can change a 208 with dodge parts,but it cost's alot to do. Last time I heard it was around $800-

You might be better off getting a 241,and getting the slipyoke elimnator kit. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

why does it cost so much??? does the money come from machining costs, parts, or what??? i could do it myself.. have access to free machine shop service so thats no biggie... if thats where the cost comes from then i could probably do it pretty cheap... do you know what all is involved???? sorry for all the ?'s but im interested if i can do it reasonably... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

when i did have my 208 it cost me 500 to have it converted...best thing i ever did...well that was untill 6 months later when i dumped the 700r4 and 208 for a sm465 and 205 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you want a 465/205 combo, I've got a good deal on one. $350 bucks. The pedals and linkages you could get from the same truck. All you'd need in a flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate. It's a great time for an upgrade /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Hey, If you don't get rid of the manual setup by the end of October Imight be interested in it for that price If it's in good shape. I'm near Atlanta and just spent my "Screwin Around" money for this month /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gifon a 14 bolt ff and external tire carrier, but am wanting to get rid of my 700R4 sometime next year and go manual, so I'm collecting parts.

P.S. You can keep Spongebob. Patrick is my hero.
    Duuuuuuhhhhhhh!!!

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

send k10andykhamnic(im pretty sure thats his user name) a pm...he did it and coached me on how to do it to mine...just havent done it yet...you need to convert the whole ouput section of the 208 over to the dodge 208 output...i think one piece has to be machined and weleded in and you should be set...

Later

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The guy I would be getting it from "said" it is in perfect condition. It also has a CHROME t-case shifter. I'll need a definite on the interest in it, but I'm sure it will be there when I go back. Not a lot of demand here for a 4 speed, much less a 205. Patrick is cool too, but how often do you come across a sticker of SpongeBob holding the Confederate flag? Instead of the fort, he's holding down the dash for me.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

11. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

hi im the one that converted the 208 with doggie parts , ican sell a set ready to stick in there if ya want . -Andy /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

there he is...howdy andy...oh by the way im still interested in doing that setup from you...just gotta find some time and some cash

Later

13. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

one more thing on the list huh ? i am going to be selling the case i have converted ,when/if i ever get my dual case setup together ....after the truckhaven run hope fully .-Andy

14. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

OK, I hate to be the guy who shows interest and backs out, but I have to back out. I was telling a neighbor down the road about the deal, and he offered to give me his turbo400 trans w/-Tcase with drive shafts and crossmember out of the truck he rolled a few months ago if I would take 4 of his cars to the salvage yard with my trailer. Couldn't resist. Guess I'll be staying automatic for a while. Sorry, I feel like a jerk.

15. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I guess that is what you call highjacking a post /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif