Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guages on the side

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Nov 26, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Since i have a pos custom deluxe i dont have guages on the side.. 4 lgihts that i guess are suposed to light up when something goes wrong... what are those for guages starting top left going clock wise please. =)
    Would it be hard to get those installed? Thanks

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.
    In desperate need of a rebuild.
    Next- Eaton mech locker... Flows.

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Oh and by on the side i mean to the left of the spedo... thanks!

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.
    In desperate need of a rebuild.
    Next- Eaton mech locker... Flows.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I belive that they might be differant but mine are volt meter,oil pressure, then water temp,the last spot is for a brake warning light. Mine is a 73 blazer but they may and may not be the same.You can get a 3 set at your parts store with all the instuctions or go to the local pick-n-pull if you do the pink n pull then make sure you get the wires and the sending units and all the plumbing that goes with it,If I didn't have them in those spots I would just get the aftermarket 3 sets they have all the nec.stuff and the instuctions just my 2 cents. Or you could order the org.gauges from someone like LMC

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

For the 87 its volt in the top left, oil press top right, bottom left blank (Unless you have a factory tach, then its the fuel gauge), bottom right water temp.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

The people have nailed down the the idiot lights. As for putting guages in their spots, FORGET about the stock guages, you'll just be wasting your time completely and it'll be a lot harder than you think becuase of the printed circut board and the wire harness that dosen't have the correct wires on your truck. You should do like I did and put autometer MECHANICAL guages in their place. Check out my website and you'll see some pics that give you the rough idea on how easy it was to put these accurate and very cool looking guages. Hope this helps. PM me if ya need more help.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>