Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

guaranteed to pass emissions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Jul 6, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

anyone ever use it? i need to get a new sticker this month, and i`m not sure if its gonna pass or not, the guy i bought the truck from does the insp. stickers so i`ll be going to him, so he will probably pass me,i hope, but i just wanted to see if anyone has used that stuff before

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

You HAVE to do it exactly like the instructions say! If you dont it will not work. But depending on if anything else is wrong, it will pass most likely.

3. NEK5

i`m just burning oil, i think the valve seals need to be changed?....what about the smoke b gone?

4. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK WTF am I def what?? What is the products name?

"guaranteed to pass emissions" is that a product name???

5. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You see, this is why I like my truck "technically" being a 74 so it is emissions exempt. Actually in MA all car manufactured in 1983 and earlier are emissions exempt although every car has to pass the safety inspections regardless of the year.

I just got a new sticker on my truck. The inspector gave me crap about the truck being kinda high. It has passed many times over so I'm not worried about what this guy thinks.

Glad I just got a new sticker because yesterday I blew out my horn again for the 3rd time in 2 years. My truck really doesn't like horns. (blown several fuses, blown 3 horns, and replaced the horn contacts in the collum) Just put in a new, louder horn today and it works like a charm, for now... :rolleyes:

BTW, what you have is the standard Chevy "puff". On startup you get that nice blue cloud of oil. Then the thing runs perfectly fine. I have to admit I am a definate victim of the Chevy "Puff".

6. NEK5

i think i have a little more than just the chevy puff, when i`m driving it will smoke when i really get on it, and it smells a little like burning oil

yes Guaranteed to Pass Emissions is a product name

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

what I've seen...

An older retired friend of mine used that "Gauranteed to Pass" stuff in his Ford motor home, with a carbed 460--he failed the first attempt,so he buys that stuff,and dumps it in the tank--we go for a 20 mile cruise down the highway--with each mile, the RV ran better and better!---
    ---it had sat almost a year without being started..the "rich" smell from the exhaust dissapeared,and when we went back to the inspection station,it passed with flying colors!..even the guy doing the inspection was shocked when we said all we did was add that stuff,and didn't do a tune up,or monkey with the timing,etc..I was impressed,I had little faith it would help any..

I've used 2 or 3 bottles of isopropanpl "dry gas" to a 1/4 tank of gas,to do much the same thing..it leans out the mixture enough to "fool" the sniffer into thinking its running clean..I haven't failed an emission test yet by doing this..

If your rings are passing oil,the "Smoke Stop" or similar stuff like STP will help--it wont do squat for the "chevy puff" syndrome--only new valve stem seals and or guides will correct that..but every Chevy SB I've had has the "chevy puff",and they all pass emissions easily...and they all never have a "dry" start!--at least in the cylinders the seals are leaking into!..

I'm sweating the sticker on my 82 K20--it expired in January!--and now I hear MA is doing "random" emission tests on diesels!!!--I hope its "exempt" from that because its an 82!..."random" probably means ALL older ones!!

Oh BTW--you guys in MA,dont run around with an expired sticker or a "reject" sticker...they recently raised the fines for not having a current sticker--its now 75 bucks instead of 50!--and for each month it was past expiration,they add on 50 bucks more PER MONTH!...:eek1: :doah: ..plus it can go against your insurance,and you could get surcharged!!..:mad: ...its far cheaper to get a sticker!...:crazy:

8. Chevy305

if its a 82 then you don't have to worry. And diesels have lesser requirements than gas especially older ones.

9. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

Never heard of a chevy puff... every motor in the world that has valves and oil will have that problem... simply worn out valves and valve seats. no way around it.

10. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

I didn't know diesel even had emession standards??? At least no the older ones

11. Chevy305

I don't know about the new ones, but the older ones definately don't have emissions. Sorry if I was confusing

12. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

OK, so what is this miracle fluid that is guaranteed to pass smog???

13. NEK5

its called Guaranteed To Pass Emissions

14. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Its just Gueranted to Pass. Its CRC Part# 05063.

15. NEK5

hmm, here its emissions one year then safety the next, even though it still wouldnt have passed, but i got the hookup down there so........new sticker baby!

16. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I failed inspection my first time through....
    failed emmissions and a few other things...

fixed the few other things and bought a bottle of Guaranteed to Pass... yes that is the name.... $6

followed instructions which I think was fillup tank.. pour in.. drive around for 3/4 of a tank then go through inspection....

I passed with flying colors... then found out why I originally failed... I was dumping fuel into the secondaries just idling!!!!! :haha:

and I passed!!! So I am up for inspection in Dec.... guess what ... for $6 I will be using it again!!! :bow:

17. Chevy305

Wait you have a 78, right? And you still have to get emissions tested? :screwy:

18. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

CA its 74 and older

19. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

in texas its 76 and newer need inspection, but what do i care, the dude that did my inspection was a wheeler 2 and he has wheeled w/ my uncles neighbor a couple of times, he liked my truck and he gave me the sticker!!!!i got lucky, i had no lights, no signal, no speedo, and no horn!!!but thats all taken care of now

20. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

inspection sticker gets you no where in NJ.. you need the state seal stamped papers that show your lift height, tire size, door height, bumper heights....
    then they put a second inspection sticker.. hard to see but you can see it in this pic....

it is the one to the left... you can vaguely see both....the one on the right is the one with the month (12 on mine this time) and then the color dictates what year it is up in ... purple is 06 so im due at the end of dec in 06... SOOON!!!!
    [​IMG]

also here is what you need to do for a stability test.. they dont just see if you tip over which it isnt high enough for you to...but they weigh your truck with a scale under each tire.... then you drive up and they measure the % weight shift ... too much and you fail... so im guessing real flexy trucks may fail... as stiff lifts wont..... you can kinda tell there is a scale on the left...
    I didnt have to do the tilt as the guy said he knew I would pass and dont worry bout it..... but this year I want them to do it so I can get my truck weight and see how I fit....
    [​IMG]

guy in the pic is my bud... he went.. he has a 1998 s-10 4 door.. 2" bl
    ... short wb makes it look like he is gonna tip....
    [​IMG]

he is chancing it with not going through the inspection as we added a 6" superlift to his already 2" bl... so this pic is 31's and now he has 34" ssr's....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]