Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guess That Wobble???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by foxman, Sep 10, 2003.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

I bought Indiana88's K5, it has a weird wobble that I can't seem to get rid of. At low speeds like around 10-15 mph, I feel the truck kind of sway like the tire is warped or something. then normal driving speeds there is no wobble Throughout the range of speeds, the truck will begin to wobble/vibrate at speeds @ 65 mph then stop at @ 70mph, then start again at @ 75-80. the best way to describe this wobble is like a shimmy. It feels like all of a sudden the lug nuts are coming loose and the wheel is working it's way off. It varies with Speed.
    Now on to the specifications. It is an 88 K5 with 14bolt ff in rear anf I think D60 in the front. it has the rough county 4" spring lift. Indiana88 said the axles were off of a 74' K30. It has american racing 16.5X9.5 wheels with super Swamper SSR's on it.

I have had the tires ballanced at Bell Tire, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I also had to replace the axle shims. No difference. I hate the wobble, it's the only thing that I haven't been able to fix yet! any Ideas or suggestions to help me get rid of the shimmy or at least find the problem would be great.

Thanks,\

Jeremy

2. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

3. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Try a search for "death wobble" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif