Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guess the make of this vehical.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jhellwig, Oct 31, 2005.

1. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Guess the make of this vehical and you win the prize of comming and fixing it for me!!!!!!!!!! :haha:

Yet another engineering marvel brought to you by the folks of the ford motor company. Dad called the ford dealer ship today to see if they had the hangers and the guy told him, "yes we do. They have a tendency to do that offten." It was a good thing we caught that in time. One more load of fire wood and they would have been gone.

DSC00509.JPG

DSC00507.JPG

DSC00504.JPG

2. gauder

gauder Banned

Good luck with the Ford. Looks like you gotta drop the gas tank to replace those rear hangers too.

3. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

There is just enough room to get the bolts in there. I just got to scrounge up a torch cause the rivits are a pain to remove. 3 gallon air compressor doesn't work to well with an air chisle.

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Return them and do a shackel flip basically the same parts and better made and probally cheaper then it will haul more firewood.

5. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Those parts only cost under 80 bucks total. Plus it is 2 wheel drive. It doesn't bother me if it sits on the bump stops. Half ton trucks are good to alost 2 ton in the bed right?? :D :D

Hell this thing is better than the last 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive ford we had cause it has posi and tires that give a little more grip.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats funny :haha: , a customers did the same thing and i thought "what kind of junk metal do they use"?my 79's are exposed all the time and still hold up.ford musta used sheet metal. :laugh: :laugh:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

when i use to work at the spring shop we said that ford was over half the customer base for that stuff and add a leafs.

and yes you can do it with out the trank drop just tight. bend the seam lip out of the way it makes it better.

how do you like the thickness of them compaired to other brands? paper thickness

p.s. check the front hangers.

8. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

I don't know of any place else that would have anything other than the ford brand of hangers so I have no comparison of thinkness. They do seam kind of thin and flimsy though. I can gaurentee the way we load the truck had a lot to do with them falling apart. It looks like once they rusted the just started to trear away.

The front hangers look fine. There isn't much place for dirt and junk to colect on them.

Hell for 80 bucks I am not going to complain about the quality of the hangers to much.

9. sweetk30

average price for them. and thay rust from the inside out. as in if the paint is still on them thay rust under the paint first. bad prep job on them over the years. nothing you did load wise. you just finished them off. you might want to get all new hardware also. thay love to freeze up bad.

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

eh **** happens... personally, id rather push a FORD than drive any GM product.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: yeah right :haha:

12. sweetk30

fixed it for ya buddy:haha:

13. muddysub

um no... i dont even touch my suburban anymore... im not at all a fan of GM vehicles anymore.

14. gauder

gauder Banned

Does that just mean newer GM vehicles? I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you don't like them why would you stick around here and moderate still?

15. ShitownK5er

ShitownK5er 1/2 ton status

We had a guy come in to work with and f-1Sh*tty that had a goosneck hitch in the bed(it only had a 4.9L) So i put it on the lift and raised it up. I look at the rear axle and it was really down on one side. Spring hanger was broken(rusted) and the bed was all smashed up from when he puts the trailer on and the leafspring just lays on the bottom of the bed I told him about it and it didnt seem to bother him he said it had been like that for awhile. Makes me feel safe on the road. It also pisses me off that he had a valid inspection sticker.

16. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Ive see the same thing on lots of frames and not just ford ones.

17. muddysub

yeah its mostly newer GMs i stick around this site for the people the guys that have been here since 2001 or so... and there always seems to be cool new people here... i havent totally lost my faith in GM trucks... but ill never buy another one.

18. gauder

gauder Banned

Why?