Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

guess what I found today?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1bigk10, Mar 19, 2002.

1. 1bigk10

1bigk10 1/2 ton status

My trany started making noises last week so I parked it until today when I had time to take it to my shop about 18 miles from home the whole way there it got worse. When I got there I pulled the front driveline as the first step to check for loose bolts and joints, while pulling the last bolt it was a little stubborn so i grabbed the side of my bellhousing and my finger went right into a nickel size hole it sared the PI$$ out of me i got to looking and there were two more on the other side with a hair line crack about 3 inches long, So now i've got to pull my tranny tomarrow and see witch pressure plate bolt came out and find out what kinda damage it did. Mani guess my lucks never gonna change. Glad I didnt have anything planned for tomarrow.

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah I know the feeling. The second time I replaced my tranny last year I was taking it out and after I took all the bolts out on the pass side a huge piece of the bell housing fell off. This peice was about a third of the houseing. I couldnt beleive it. Kinda pissed that I couldnt get my core money out of it, but then again just more bragging rights.

3. 1bigk10

1bigk10 1/2 ton status

the last time i had to pull my tranny it was in the middle of the woods and and had to man handle my 205 by myself into a truck with 15inches of lift in the rain and about 2 inches of mud and did it in about 4 hours by myself talk about braggin rights when it was about 8pm when started. Man do i never want to do that again.

4. 1bigk10

1bigk10 1/2 ton status

Any one ever weld an aluminum belhousing and have it work out?

5. Quack_Addict

Quack_Addict 1/2 ton status

I don't know how well an aluminum casting, like a bell housing, would hold up to a weld. I'm sure you could weld it, but you might find yourself having to pull it all back apart in a couple weeks to replace the part if/when it comes apart again.

I bought a new hydraulic clutch bell housing for my SM465 about a year ago for a bit over $100.

I have a used SM465 bell housing for a linkage clutch hanging around somewhere if you're interested. I don't think it will work with a hydraulic clutch. E-mail me if interested at redhighrider@yahoo.com