Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

guess what I got??? (I'm a happy camper!)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Mar 11, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

guess what I got??? (I\'m a happy camper!)

I finally scrounged the $$$ together, and got my block back today! man that brings me that much closer to having this thing on the road! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

before you know we'll be a 2 k5 family again!

2. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

Re: guess what I got??? (I\'m a happy camper!)

hehe CONGRATS!!!

I'll be there soon, maybe sooner than I think if I can sell this Cab over camper

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. solowookie

I feel like I just got my first born; I haven't been able to drive this for 6 months! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I got crank ground, rods resized, pistons pressed, bored, tanked, fluxed, masterkit (I even got to pick my cam), and internally balanced for $800. I wasn't going to have it balanced, but he offered to do it as a package deal for $100 so I went for it.

it will go straight from my shop to the bodyshop. he's going to teach me how to spray, and I'm going to spray a couple coats of black epoxy primer on it. paint materials (talked to the body shop today) will cost about a total of $125. how's that for a paint job? by the time I put in few patches, new fenders (each side about $100 each) I'll probably be lookin about $400.

nice thing is it will cost little enough I won't be scared to use it, but where its epoxy primer as the top coat if I eventually decide to paint in nice I have the option.

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

Sounds great!
    New motor, paint...sweet!
    Balancing the motor will make it smooth and last a long time.
    The one I balanced a long time ago always ran great and never gave me any problems. Almost seemed bullet proof.
    Take some pictures!

6. solowookie

oh I will take some pic's... glad to hear that on the one you had internally balanced. if it makes that big of a difference then maybe I'll do that on the rest of my engine jobs.

where I can't get the bottum end assembled until next weekend (or early the following week) I'm going to take my front fenders, doors, hood, and tailgate up next week to get painted. then all I'll have to do is spray the rest of the blazer when I get it out, and I will be done!