Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guess what I picked up yesterday for the suburban

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by or2play, Oct 8, 2002.

1. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

SPRINGER SUSPENSION!!!! Yep, went up to Marv's last night and got it. Its a 6 inch setup. Marv built my springs a bit different that previous setups, cause of the extra weight. Were're pretty sure its going to come out as planned, but seeing how I'm the first person to put the springer setup on a suburban, there's always the "what ifs."

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

congrats man!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif i wanted to be the first suburban with a springer set up but it just wasn't meant to be. you gotta get pics and give us updates ok? oh and how much was it total?

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I was also hoping to be the first suburban with a springer setup, but alas, no money + no real job + shitty neighbor hood association = hard to modify toys.

oh well, I'll be the first kid on my block to have a 73 K20 pushing 450 + HP tho ( I hope... )*

-Rich

*( don't ruin this for me... PLS!! )

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

COOL !

Take a few pictures along the way for us to see.

I have heard many folks say that Marv's setup would not be a good idea on a burb. I'm really interested in how it works out for you.

My suspension mods have been pushed back to next spring so I have plenty of time to consider more options and I gotta admit, the Springer setup looks pretty cool.

5. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Total cost was $533. I will be taking pictures and documenting everything. Have one problem. I don't have a lift for the front yet. So I can't put the springer system on. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But on the plus side, I got my body lift yesterday and the energy suspension bushing should be here in the next day or two /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

so hows it coming?

7. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Its still sitting on the garage floor. Don't have the $$$ for front springs yet /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Trying to pay down some bills. Gonna try to get front springs next month. Untill then I can only set and look at it and imagine