Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guess What?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 20, 2001.

Well, tonight I read that The F.C.C; gave enforcment rights to local cops concerning mobile radio operation. You better not have any extra channels or a lineir in that outfit! I guess they can pull you over if you have an antenna. They said that it would "tighten things up" in the next year. What ever that means.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Haha, Im not too concerned because my dads a police Lt. God I love family [​IMG]

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

2. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Hey Blazer Boy, What's so funny? If you do something wrong, and your Dad is a cop, and he lets you slide, doesn't that make both of you CROOKS?

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

blazer boy thats like sayin your dads a jailer and if you get put in jail he'll let you escape dont wanna start anything but i dont think your post makes any sense haha

[​IMG]its a mole . . . not a seal!!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i was thinking the same thing

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey wait a minute! My dad works for the bank......Hmmmm. Hahaha

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>

6. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

They're not gonna do anything. There are so many laws on the books they don't care about or enforce. In the state of Iowa it's illegal to change the center of gravity on a motor vehicle. Well my old man's Jimmy has a 6" lift w/33's and my Blazer has 1" with 31's. I guess that means he'll be getting a ticket each time he goes to work and each time I go down there to work.

Whats the cop going to do, pull out your radio and hook up to a frequency generator or how bout a wattage meter. I have no reason to worry. I'm running 4 watts on AM, swinging 12 on SSB, and have a 52" whip, I am perfectly legal. If those people think that "tuning" there radios so they get 20 watts so they "really put out" are afraid of having the police take them away, TS. I mean wow, you're radio is running 20 watts, guess what...you're only putting out a half pound more. I really don't enjoy scraping off melted transmit finals from the rear of the unit, sounding like crap because I have "big modulation" or splattering across all the frequnecis on the 11 meter band because cousin Merle down at the truck stop tuned 'er up for me.

I have a base station also running at 4 watts AM and 12 SSB. My antenna is mounted on a 20' telescoping pole and the antenna is 18'. I chose not to get the 21' antenna because the FCC rules clearly state that the end of the antenna can not extend 20' beyond the mounting structure. I don't have any extra frequencies or a linear. If I wanted to run on other channels I would go down and take the test to get a HAM license. I assure its extremely easy, I've been studying on the side for a month. A little iniative and more channels are open to me and anyone else who wants them. Now why would anyone want to risk getting in trouble and cutting a perfectly good radio? Oh thats right, you're the big man on the citizens band.

If those few people are afraid of getting there radios taken aways because you had 'er running "loud and proud", thats your own fault. Those of us in town have to put up with this rude individuals are glad to see somebody has some power now. One of the tuned up individuals running a base got a nice little visit from the FCC and that annyonce is silenced. Another blew up his radio and got run off the air by those of us who were upset with his behavior. Now its fairly quite so we can have some fun shooting the $hit.

Sorry for comming off like a dick, but genrally "haha" and "[​IMG]" mean you're just screwing around. All of those running stock equipment or proper aligned equipment and do not cause problems have absolutely nothing to worry about. I think we should be somewhat glad because we have some power on our side to get rid of these annoyances.

(OK, I've b*tched and moaned till I'm blue in the face, Im better now, lol [​IMG])

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

7. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Hey, it's just another reason for local cops to pull you over. An antenna on your outfit!