Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guess who else likes K5's with the top off!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Apr 18, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Guess who else likes K5\'s with the top off!!!!

How about jumping into the passenger seat in the dark to get something out of the center console and finding a family of Oposums!!! Hissing!!! and scrambling to get out (Um me that is, I'd already closed the door!). Ok, that was more than I needed to freak me out! I haven't seen an opossum here on the coast for years! My heart is still pounding, luckily I didn't get bit, and they moved their party elsewhere!!!

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Guess who else likes K5\'s with the top off!!!!

So the other night my dog kept barking at his dog house at like 5am. I kept opening the window to yell at him untill he stopped. I thought he was just being a stupid dog. So about 9am he starts up again. So I go over and lift the dog house up and what do I find? A damn oposum. It was a baby one and I have NO IDEA how the hell it got there. He would have had to gone by the dogs at some point. Well by the time i get the dogs contained on the side of the house and a box to put over him, he was gone. Oh well.

Stay away from those things. They have some sharp ass teeth. And I've seen the damage they can do to a dog that was twice as big. Are you calm yet?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Oh, it gets worse! The cat just brought one of the young ones in the house and gave it to me as a prize! (I have a manx, tail-less cats can't 'usually' catch anything except rabits!) I thought it was mortally wounded but it was only pretending, your right, it was twice as big as a rat and had much bigger teeth. Thank god for welding gloves.. took it outside and locked the cat door! What a night!

I usually have racoons floating through the house in the night, they are real calm and non intrusive, will take food from your hand- even play with the cats. But oposums just look/act nasty and unfreindly!

4. Esteban86K5

COONS in the HOUSE!! You mean actually INSIDE your house? That's crazy. I hate Oposums, your right they do look creepy.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The racoons rock! When it rains they sneak just inside the cat door and sleep once in a while. They never leave a mess (even used the cat box once!) but do make a mess out of the cat food water. One of them is the size of a medium dog and just barely squeezes through the cat door! They never wander anywhere but to the food dish and back out. I've seen the cats sleeping with them once when I got home. Crazy!

But the K5 is way aff limits!!! Anyone know of anti animal spray I can stick in there? I don't want to put the top back on!

6. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Get a car cover for a shortbox p/u. In the summer when I go topless (blush) I put the cover on at night to keep the local cats from pissin in it.( learnt that the hard way ).
    Jim

7. Esteban86K5

Go to your local pet supply store and ask them for some. It may come in pellet for. In which case you could just put some in a container and just place it in there at night. That way your kid won't get to it if it's always out.

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Great Ideas! I'm looking into both of those tomorrow!

I've been working on an electric soft top which slides forward and back with the key or switch, but it's not nearly done and doesn't do anything with the back window (my BMW closes the sunroof and windows with the alarm.. great feature!) It's just for automatic rain protection.

9. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I use a car cover at night too, and keep it in the back in case I'm out somewhere and it starts raining hard. I actually use it as a tent too. I was at an all night field party and planned on just crashing (passing out) in the back of the truck, but when it started raining I put the cover on. It made a great tent, even when we had some pretty wild thunderstorms roll through! It was just long enough that I could drop the tailgate to get a little more comfortable, and it still covered everything. Hopefully I'll have the soft top soon though!

10. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I got another porrpucine around here somewhere again that I gotta find & get rid of...

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hahah, now that would have been an interesting one to jump in the truck with!

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Man, what are y'all doin? Thems is good eatin'!!!!!!!

13. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

Thats nuts! Sounds like a night that I encounterd some amimals in my k5. I go to get something out of my topless, doorless truck at about 10 at night. When I got within a few fet of the back of the truck, I looked up and saw the head of a bobcat stairing at me from inside my truck! I froze and he jumped out and ran into the woods. But when I stepped forward twards the truck, anotherone jumped out!

14. solowookie

yea I shot one last year, and the sounds of another one running around here don't really make me too happy! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

15. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I have a similiar story but it is a little more of a domestic pet problem. Currently my truck is in pieces and I had the soft top off (74) in my Aunts' farm's poll barn.

Anyway, she has about 8 cats that stay in the pole barn. Well, one Saturday when I went in to work on my Blazer there were about 4 cats all clumped together in each of the front seats! I had to throw out the seat covers because they were covered in cat hair! I don't know how they got in there with the doors shut and being it sits on a 6" lift and 35's!

Well, my Blazer is just a tub sitting on the frame and I took the seats out. Now no more cat beds in my Blazer!

16. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

First critter I find campin in my rig will be REAL sorry I found it... I swear! COONS in the house, and OPOSSUMS in the rig! Just ain't right... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

17. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

Daisey makes some of those pellets that keep the animals away.

18. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I lived in the high sierra mountains for a good part of my life. I don't shoot it unless I'm gonna eat it or it was gonna eat me! For a moment though, I thought the possum was going to do that latter of the two until I saw what it was. I'm also in a rural area and don't have anything as small as a pellet gun. I don't think my neighbors wouldn't appreciate ricochet spray. Hahah

19. solowookie

yea well when you have to autistic kids that have no danger sense them an certain animals don't mix... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif unless I feel it is some sort of necessary protection for my family, or the ranch animals, I don't shoot anything period.

p.s. I only have neighbors on two sides /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif