Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Guess who rode w/ Petersens today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pure Insanity, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I went on a trail ride w/ Fred Williams from Petersens today. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif A guy I know knows Fred and has taken him out before at Wind Rock. He got him to come down to Fla to see some "Good ole' boys gettin it in the mud". Kevin got w/ me to set it up. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Unfortunately PI was still in the shop w/ no tranny, so you wont see it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I did get a front plate from 4wheel and Off Road even tho it wasnt there. I guess I got the "good sport award" for making it happen and not having my rig done in time. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I am pretty sure my buddies 1st gen Bronco w/ a 429 Cobra Jet, Eaton rear and D60 front with 44 Boggers will get a feature, as well as a few V10 Rams on 44s we had along. I would have had the only Chevrolet on the ride if I had got my trans back in time.

We had 1 guy explode a bell housing on a 465 testing it out to go, so he didnt get it back together in time to make it. It is a CJ7 w/a 383 465 205 70 and 60 on 44 Boggers. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Another guy w/ a YJ w/ a 302 C6 205 9in and 44 on 44 Boggers also couldnt get done in time, even tho I brought him a floor shifter and electric fan I had laying around to finish it last nite. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif 2 guys w/ other Dodges on 44s didnt show up, 1 of them is on Rockwells too. Guess they didnt think it was for real. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Gonna suck to be them when the issue comes out. Neither me or the club prez thought to call a guy we know w/ a Zuk on 39 Boggers thats all Yota. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif He could have brought that or his Yota on 44s w/ a blown SBC. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

There was minimal carnage, one of the V10 Dodges blew a front Ujoint in his drive shaft, and another guy in a CJ7 blew a lower hose.

I didnt get many action shots, I was so busy watching the action I kept forgetting to grab my camera. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif In about 4 hrs time Fred got like 10-12 rolls of film. The only reason we called it a day after 4 hrs was 2 of the biggest rigs had to bail to take out the CJ w/ the blown hose. The Dodges were brothers and the CJ was the son in law to one of them. Lose 1 lose them all. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif That and it was cold. (well cold to us anyhow, it was in the low 50s and most of the guys were wet.)

All total we had the rock buggy I went out in a few weeks ago, one of the guys on his team in a sweet CJ7 (4.3 Vortec w/ the inj. 9in front and rear, full cage, twin stick 300 case, and 38 TSLs) 2 Dodges on 44s, 1 Bronco on 44s, an F150 on 38s and no bed, a CJ7 on 39s, and a Hummer on 37s Swampers.

I talked to him to see if he can make Rebel Run '03 and he said he would see if he can get back down late next fall again for it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Have to wait to see what happens but it would be cool.

Ill have the pics I have up in a day or so. I have been having computer problems and the pics wont load. Most of them are just pics of the remaining trucks after we got back, but I got a few action shots. The club prez is gonna get me a disk of what he took to post also.

When it comes out (June maybe he said) If you see someone riding shotgun in the F150, thats me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like you guys had a great trip!

And since your tranny was still out, you didn't blow up your 10-bolt! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Pure Insanity

yeah that solved the 10 bolt dilema.

In fact when I found out I wouldnt have the trany back I was so discouraged that I havent touched the Blazer since. I didnt get ANY of it done. LOL! I did try to help get some friends rigs done to go tho. Still didnt help. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Sweet !

Must have been fun.

Pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Pure Insanity

I havent had time to mess w/ the computer to get the pics from the camera to the puter. As soon as I do Ill get them up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh and when it comes out if you see a guy in a tan ball cap w/ an insulated flannel and shorts on the side lines thats me too. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Ill be easy to spot, I was the only fool in shorts. Wearing 3 layers on top (Tshirt, sweat shirt and the flannel) and a pair of shorts......maybe I am touched. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif