Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GULFCOAST 4X4?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wally81k5, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Heres the story... I had to work 2 12 hour graveyard shift and all i had was a TV And VCR to keep me entertained. So i talked to a friend named thumper and he gave me 8 hours of video from you guys... all i can say is HOLY SH*T!!

Swampers and Big motors must be cheap where you guys are from. Some of those rigs are absolutely crazy. And driven like good trucks should be.

I came home and looked at my project white trash, with no lift and bald 35's and had to turn away and go inside.

Good show guys! I like the trucks, the mud, and that guy dancing at the mud bog.

Ryan

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i wanna see! can i get a copy?

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Those tapes were put together by Chris Montgomery (CK5 user = not4show), I've ridden with them a couple of times and you're right, really cool stuff! Did you have the video with the big light green Ford with cut Boggers? I saw it in person and I have to say that thing is IMPRESSIVE!

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Yeah highly modified small blocks and big blocks + 1 ton axles, totally built trucks and cut boggers and swampers = LOTS O' FUN!!! Been out a few times with them...its like a peep show to some mini monster trucks.... Keep in mind majority of them are play toys and not DD'ers...some people buy fishing boats, some people buy other cars, some people build drag cars, some have lots of kids to spend money on, some do it all, but these guys build MUD BOGGING trucks.
    One day I will have my play toy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

yeah, the big green ford was in there! And stuck.... nice..

I tell ya these guys know how to build em,

Ryan

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You and Thumper need to figure out a way to get down this way for a few days to play. I know Thumper was here recently but I think he and Chris missed each other.

7. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Man thanks for the compliments! It's all great fun! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the videos. I think Thumper is planning to come back again at the end of March and we are going to try and hook up again, this time we're going to actually try and make a ride together. NVRENUF - don't let him kid ya he's got some bad to the bone machines himself... the green Ford isn't green anymore but at that time it have 7.17 gears/detroit/650HP now it's camelion colored with about 1000HP + nitrous... the truck sports custom front and rear Dynatrac's as well... no they aren't giving anything away as far as motors and tires, most have just made mudding there only hobby. Thanks again! I'll make sure to get Thumper any new videos we make. -Chris /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hey! No wonder my ears were burnin! You guys all talkin about me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ya, Chris and myself didnt hook up the last time, but I am there again from March 28 till the 11 of April so hopefully there is a ride going then! There wont be any excuses for me to miss that one. I have the right phone number... with the right area code... hehe.
    BTW Chris, I am workin on a tape of some of our wheelin up here that I will bring down with me in March for ya. Unfortunately, it wont include any of Wallys K5... unless its driveway shots! But I do believe we have some of your other rig right Ryan???? LOL

Catch ya laters
    Mike

9. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

10. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

The second one is now my new favorite video....I'm in love!!!! MORE MORE MORE! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

12. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Hey Thumper! Yeah some shots of the 90 would be okay... like the one when i caved the side in.

Show them boys with the 44's what 265's can do....
    Man it still hurts to think of it.

Cash/old parts donations are accepted to get project white trash on the road!......

Ryan

14. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Yeah those are good, but rust bucket, if you like that picture 8 hours of more than 10 trucks in holes that will swallow 44's.... thats what gulfcoast 4x4 has.

Still like those videos thou (I have to, my trucks a garage queen!)

Ryan