Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GulfCoast -- Taking Cover!... Hurricane Lili

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Oct 1, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

2. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Re: GulfCoast -- Here we go again... Hurricane Lili

least the muddin will be better than usaul for a while /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

Yeah we haven't had any problems with any of our mudholes holding water in quite some time... This things is strengthening more! as of 4CDT 105mph

4. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I just heard where we are evacuating in the morning /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif . Let the Traffic Jam begin /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . Wish I could go the way I want but they won't let me. Oh well, take care over there Josh, and everyone else around this area of the coast Ya'll are probably gonna get evac. also but you never know. We are boarding up the house this evening know we just gotta pray that the sea wall holds and the pumps don't fail.

5. BowtieBlazer

National News mentioned something about a tidal wave coming in?! Ya'll take care there as well, Lafayette isn't evacuated yet but New Iberia and other small towns 15min south of us are getting evacuated. I should be alright flood wise our house sits 35ft above sea level vs 15ft and below 15min south of us....still gonna get slammed with rain and wind. Ya'll be careful and we'll talk to you soon.
    Take it easy, Your family is in my prayers

6. BowtieBlazer

OH SH!ZN!T!!! This sucker is looking like its heading right for home. I am leaving school in a couple hours to head home and board up windows and help neighbors pack and store anything that can be blown away. Sustained winds of 120mph gusts up to 150mph! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Hope everyone else in this area is safe..."Toledo, BlaznRebel, etc etc" See you peepz, friday or saturday depending on power outages situations. Let the CK5 withdrawls begin! I'll try and get pics during the storm and of the eye if it comes over us...for all you never been through a hurricane peepz....this one should be pretty fierce. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. BowtieBlazer

Okay, so I made it home and this place is about vacant! Most of my neighbors are gone, my dad was able to talk his parents into heading north, my mom's parents are sticking around and so are my two uncles in town. Forcast has us getting 40-60mph winds by midnight....80-100 by 9 am and sustained 140mph winds by noon. So when you are eating lunch tomorrow pray that the roofs stay on our roofs down here. The roads are full of people heading north and east to get away from this hurricane. Well I will be updating as often as I can until I am unable to.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif As my dad told me when I got home, "you better have a full tank of gas because after armagedon comes and goes, we are taking the blazer to where ever it may be we need to go." The K5 will keep my family safely navigating after the storm if need be.

8. BowtieBlazer

Okay this thing is almost a CAT 5 we may be evacuating for fear of our lives now. Seriously its packing 145mph winds already...thats supposedly equivalent to a F2 tornado...now imagine a F2 tornado about 20miles wide that takes an hour to pass over.... YA We are getting the heck out of here more than likely...if not we are sticking it out until day break and heading to a hospital for sturdier structure until it tones down some. Prayin for my life in lafayette....

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Josh, get outa there. It is NOT worth taking that kind of risk. You'd probably be better off leaving very late this evening after the traffic dies down. Don't stay.

Did I say... RUN AWAY?!!

10. BowtieBlazer

Its not really me that wants to run away because my family is staying and I dont wanna leave them. My mom's parents insist on staying...my two uncles in town are staying as well and of all of them our house is probably built the best. The reason for me originally evacuating is to take my 3yr old baby sis out of harms way. as much as i hate to leave my dad behind i respect his request to bring his little angel to safety....as of now like last post we are gonna stick it out to the AM....probably just as dangerous to leave now that there are heavy heavy rainband across all of south central LA.... Most of Lafayette is staying...Watch the weather channel they have some fools sticking it out here as well....

11. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well god speed and hopw it goes fast and decides to leave faster than it came in...Good Luck and we' /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifll will be thinking of you and your family...mike

12. BowtieBlazer

looking like its making a slight break to the east of here now, not considerably much but enough to spare us to only 130mph winds.... thanks for all the wishes even the guy on the weather channel stationed here said on TV...."if you folks out there are praying people the people in this little town of lafayette could use some praying as they brace for the worst tonight and tommorrow" Land fall is expected around 9 am...so I wont have the internet much longer as the rain is increasing and so is the wind...

13. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

crap i was thinking of you tonight josh! get out of there! hopefully you are already gone! i know some of my family are already gone, this one is gonna be a bad one been watchin the weather over here on it! now i know why i moved to the northwest! be safe friend, i will be praying for you guys to be okay and damage to be at a minimal!
    kelly

14. BowtieBlazer

UPDATE: 5:30AM

Well, hate to say it but we are almost stuck in now. Its just not safe to leave when I woke up at 4:00am (because of loud howling from wind and rain) it had already moved in quicker than anyone thought. Also on the local news they are saying down powerlines on the other side of town where we need to go to get to the hospital where my mom works and we were gonna take shelter. Luckily it weakened overnight into A CLASS 3 WITH WINDS AT 120MPH! They said we should no longer be indanger of roof removal. Phew /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ....however its 5:30 and the wind is really beginning to strengthen. Its gusting around 50 now and that seems like alot. I doubt we'll have power much longer but I will update everyone ASAP when I get access to a computer. At the latest that should be saturday as I will be helping clean up here at home and heading back to school friday night or saturday morning. Thanks for all the concerns and prayers it looks like we should be alright now. Although a Cat 3 is still strong we have riden one out before 10yrs ago and this one is plenty rideable as well. I will let ya'll know. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

That's one thing I don't miss about being on the gulf coast.
    I lived in Indian Rocks beach Fl(St. Pete area) for awhile.
    I rode out some small ones and a not so small one.
    Although the Hurricane parties were kinda cool.

16. BowtieBlazer

Update to all, I made it out alright. The house caught a 50 yr old oak on the roof, one we would have never guessed to have snapped. I have many stories, but most important is that we are all safe and sound. Still no power and its rumored that there may not be any for another 3-5 days. The city is still devistated...trees and power lines down every where...some roads impassible. Just really sad site in some places....one thing I must say is GOD BLESS AMERICA the number of asphlund trucks and line crews coming in from out of state is UNREAL! To name some of the plates I saw ... KANSAS, ARKANSAS, TEXAS, MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, OKLAHOMA....its just unreal guys, passed a few convoys of 50 + trucks in the slow lane...and who says people forget about the little man. I also passed one big race track parking lot with over 300 line trucks in it dividing the plans and heading out, Also many military hummers and larger 18 wheel 56" tire vehicles with generators on the back. Its really bad at home...I spent all day with the chainsaw cutting trees off of our house family's houses and neighbors houses. Either way THANK YOU AMERICA!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

glad you're OK bro /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

glad you and yer family are safe. glad to hear bout all those trucks commin in to help. ya just gotta love america huh? us texans help ya'll cajuns when we can. yer our favorite neighbors to the east that border us. lol. well hope everything turns back to normal soon. later.

jacob